New users bid but dont buy!!

supersonic_india
Community Member
I dont know what to do with new buyers . I wish Ebay would send them a message after registration that bidding and not buying is not allowed and they would be given unpaid item strikes. They create an account, BID on several items and vanish . Sellers close their items thinking the buyer would buy and the buyer vanishes. I have a total of 18 items I am awaiting payment for 15 od them are new buyers( 0 ratings) . I have contacted a few and they say
1. I thought it was a game.
2. Some cooly bid on more than two products and when I message asking if they are serious about buying , they simply say "sorry but no" user ID -Tanu_handa

Should we cancel bids if it is a new buyer . How will genuine buyer buy an item on Ebay .

Wish Ebay would not allow new buyers to bid on more than one item till they did not pay that it. That way so much of the sellers time and money would be saved.

Best Regards,
Smita Kiran
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

productivesellerbuyer
Community Member
I have faced same problem a couple of times.

I suggest that e-bay should advise new/ First time bidder when they attemp to bid (by automatically generating a pop-up message box) that "If they took part in the bid, won the item, they are committed to buy it. that they should not treat bidding as a time-pass or game; that they should avoid bidding unless they are serious to buy the item; that they should look into the total cost (inclusive of shipping charges) before bidding, that they may lose ebay membership if above are not taken seriously". Unless the New/ firstime bidder clicks OK for the above messages, Bidding should be prevented.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi supersonic_india & cvproductivesolutions,

I understand the irritation a non-paying buyer can cause to a seller. We recently improved the eBay buying flow so that buyers for Buy t Now (BIN) items can complete their purchase very quickly. We also introduced immediate payment required feature for all BIN products offering PaisaPay. Thus, if you offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment for you BIN listings, your products will not close until your buyer has paid for it. seller have told me that since last site changes, their UPI rates ahve dropped significantly. I hope this works for you as well.

Do let me know if you need any clarificaiton on the above mentioned features.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

supersonic_india
Community Member
Hi Sapna,
Its really nice of you to reply. I really wish new buyers were sent a message from ebay stating that a bid is not a joke or a game its serious business and every time they bid they are legally binding themselves to ebay. That would really make a huge difference.

Another thing I wanted to bring to your notice was that new buyers dont have a clue as to how they are supposed to leave a feedback . They send me their feedback as messages. 😞 I even sent them the link where they could go and leave their feedback but they dont. Wish there was a small tutorial "HOW TO LEAVE FEEDBECK - flash file " it would really make it easy for us sellers.

I know too many I WISHES .... 🙂 but just wanted to let you know. Will definitely try out your suggestions. Thanks a lot !!

Regards,
Smita Kiran
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

hi,
i think most of the sellers face the same problem as you have faced . i am new in selling and in past one and a half month saw around 10 to 12 buyers(first time buyers) who don't pay. they just bid and when they win they just don't reply. a buyer whom i called up three times , everytime she said i will pay today but to no avail, and on that sometimes buyers who have previously buyed but still they delay payments , i don't know why. i think ebay should create some policy for buyers also , as for us sellers there are bundles of policies.i think ebay should also provide verification process of new members with a mobile number so that atleast it will be easier to trace them if they suddenly vanish after not completing any transaction. as most of the members don't provide their phone number correctly.
thanx
R. Srivastava
RASH1311
thanx
hope to find improvement
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

hi,
i think most of the sellers face the same problem as you have faced . i am new in selling and in past one and a half month saw around 10 to 12 buyers(first time buyers) who don't pay. they just bid and when they win they just don't reply. a buyer whom i called up three times , everytime she said i will pay today but to no avail, and on that sometimes buyers who have previously buyed but still they delay payments , i don't know why. i think ebay should create some policy for buyers also , as for us sellers there are bundles of policies.i think ebay should also provide verification process of new members with a mobile number so that atleast it will be easier to trace them if they suddenly vanish after not completing any transaction. as most of the members don't provide their phone number correctly.
thanx
R. Srivastava
RASH1311
thanx
hope to find improvement
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear Sellers,

We all in the same boat. Before it used to be 40% unpaid case like before last Aug. Later our wonderful Market Safety team worked hard to reduce this and now i am facing 10% of the order unpaid. We cannot do anything about it. This is part of internet selling life and adjusted to that.

Even if you run a real shop the same case happen. If few customer come and check everything in shop if he walks out you cannot do anything. You cannot blame him for wasted your time. Some customer may come and just make a big purchase with out seeing much. It is depends on person to person and depends on your luck.

Internet gives such a great freedom to anyone, they can decide to pay or not. It is power of latest technology and you cannot just try to trace unpaid customers. You have to just ignore it by sending a unpaid dispute and make an unpaid strike, if they does not reply back. I better don't leave a -ve feedback, just to give him a chance to purchase from other sellers and pay.

At present my unpaid cases are reduced to 10% and i am quite happy that "My shipping cart" is definitely helping me.

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

samirchowdhry11
Community Member
you are 100% right. New users make fake bids. i suspect but not sure, these are the ebay sellers and they make fake id's if someone tries to sell the same item bought with these sellors. Ebay should only allow sellers bidding after their bank account is approved with paisa pay. or ebay should send a secure code to mobile number registered with ebay id. watch out for these sellors sandy15sandhya. How can ebay registered them, just have a look on address of this sellor, you will find : address line 1= chennai, line 2= chennai=, line 3= chennai, post code, 123456, and fake mobile no.. I am an indian and was in australia for last three years and never faced this type of problem......it happens only in....thanks.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

samirchowdhry11
Community Member
you are 100% right. New users make fake bids. i suspect but not sure, these are the ebay sellers and they make fake id's if someone tries to sell the same item bought with these sellors. Ebay should only allow sellers bidding after their bank account is approved with paisa pay. or ebay should send a secure code to mobile number registered with ebay id. watch out for these sellors sandy15sandhya. How can ebay registered them, just have a look on address of this sellor, you will find : address line 1= chennai, line 2= chennai=, line 3= chennai, post code, 123456, and fake mobile no.. I am an indian and was in australia for last three years and never faced this type of problem......it happens only in....thanks.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Use BIN with PaisaPay and trade safely.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply