cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Seller's evaluation criteria based on DSRs - BOON or BANE ?

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

Starting 20th May 2011, the evaluation criteria for Seller's would change.
In short Negatives and Neutrals would not be considered for Seller's performance but only low DSRs would be the key constituents.

So, earlier the Buyer had one arrow to shoot ie. Negative or the Neutral ..... but now for every Transactions he has 4 arrows for each DSR.

All ebay Sellers .... atleast those making a living on ebay .... starve for 5 Star Ratings by providing the best of the services, truthfully ..... But sometimes are left on the mercy of un-fair Buyers.
Since, we all, proactively get involved in resolving any issue with the Buyer, the system must be such that the un-fair Ratings should not shut down our ebay business which we have built over the years.

I feel that there must be an automated system to avoid low DSRs of 1's and 2's ..... the way ebay provides 5 Stars when some one offers Free shipping.

I suggest the following :-

1. Item as described - If Seller has filled out most of the Item Specifics ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

2. Communication - If Seller has replied to all the Questions from the Buyer ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

3. Shipping Time - If Seller has Dispatched the Item within 2 days of the Order ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

4. Shipping and Handling Charges - If Seller has charged within the Max shipping amount ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

This would surely give a fair chance to both Sellers and Buyers.
The Seller's business won't be affected if he or she is complying with minimum ebay standards.
And similarly the Buyer can freely & fairly put in his Stars from 3 to 5 depending upon his experience with the Transaction.
In case the Seller doesn't meet the minimum Standards then the Buyer is free to choose from 1 to 5 Stars.
That would surely be a level playing field.

But in the current form, I feel, it is not justified because of two main reasons :-

1. DSRs left are anonymous and Seller is not aware as to what went wrong in a particular Listing / Transaction.

2. There are factors which are not in control of the Sellers like delay by the Courier Company and Shipping charges etc.

What do you think about this New Seller's evaluation System ?

Would it be a BOON (Blessing) for the Sellers ..... or ..... would it be a BANE (Misery) for the Seller ?

Put in your views and at the end of your reply, mark it .... as a BOON .... OR .... as a BANE.

I feel, it would be a ...... BANE .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@Umangji,

Now also it is the same, infact better for the sellers. Earlier ebay would apply SNP for DSR received only where feedback was received (DSR existed only when feedback was given by buyer) now also it is the same, old wine in new bottle, the only good thing is that now all transactions will count and what will effect us is where buyer has left feedback along with whatever DSR he gives but all other transactions where no feedback has been given will be deemed as good or with full DSR (wherever criteria ebay applies to non-feedback transactions).

So let's see going ahead what happens and how majority of sellers accept this.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

parsavnathenterprises
Community Member
@Umang,
your suggestions are really nice, but who will quantify and validate these point:
1. Item as described - If Seller has filled out most of the Item Specifics ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

2. Communication - If Seller has replied to all the Questions from the Buyer ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

3. Shipping Time - If Seller has Dispatched the Item within 2 days of the Order ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

4. Shipping and Handling Charges - If Seller has charged within the Max shipping amount ..... 1's and 2's should not be allowed.

There is no way you can quantify item as described. for eg. i mention color of a mobile as blue: in actual it might be navy blue, turquoise, light blue, ink blue lol so many hues.. in short there is no validation for description.

Also, i have observed one thing in my short stint in eBay so far: no matter what, even if you are mogambo of Mr. India and you are a buyer on eBay you will be deemed a good person and whatever you say or think must be true and I as a seller might be Mr. India but whatever I say or think is always objectionable. there are 100 parameters for sellers, is there even 1 for a buyer? any one can register, pay for item as low as Re. 1 and spoil any one reputation. And now even CRF is hopeless.

I have made it a point to just do my business here and ignore the rest. I dont care of negatives, if i get one i dont appeal in CRF any more.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

krishnamobileacc
Community Member
HI

DEAR EBAY
ACC. TO NEW POLICY , IF NEAR 1.3 OUT OF 100 TRANSACTION BUYER THINK ITEM IS NOT AS PER DESCRIPTION THEN HE IS GOING TO TROUBLE , ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE

Low detailed seller ratings %
Item as described
Communication
Shipping time
Shipping and handling charges

Mar'10 Apr'10 May'10 Jun'10 Jul'10 Aug'10 Sep'10 Oct'10 Nov'10 Dec'10 Jan'11 Feb'11

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 205 815

- - - - - - - - - - 1.46% 1.10%
- - - - - - - - - - 0.00% 0.74%
- - - - - - - - - - 0.98% 0.49%
- - - - - - - - - - 0.00% 0.12%
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Indian buyers are not good.
I dont understand why ebay India is in such hurry.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ amitava123gems

we agree with you. indian customers expectations are too high & they are not understanding.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Based on what @indconcepts has suggested, let us request ebay to prepare a "selling template" with the required fields to be filled in by the seller so there will be no issue at all to the buyer.

Just to give one example for "Item as described"

The main requirements in this are:
1. Title of the product: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. Category of the item: mobile/lipstick/saree/xxxxxx
3. Condition of item: New/2nd hand/refurbished
4. Warranty/Guarantee: Yes/no
5. Warranty period: 7days/30days/3months/1yr/3yrs/more.
6. Warranty by: Dealer/manufacturer(name and address)
7. Product/Part/Model No:
8. Item description with item images:

Now if the seller has filled in all the details then the buyer should have no problems in giving full 5 stars for this.

Similarly other parameters can also be designed in the same way so that buyer will find it easy to get all the information required at one place.

Your views on this please......... *****************
StopandShop
Message 7 of 7
latest reply