Negative Feedback for just Rs.1/-

teslamachine1856
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I am a new seller on eBay and I have created a listing on eBay for just Rs.1/- & shipping is free(item no. 180391372536). In short, the description of the listing is about the products I sell and I provided links to my shop. Also at the bottom of the listing I have clearly mentioned that 'You Wont get anything Even If you pay for it & that this listing is only for informational purposes'.

Now there is a buyer, dhingrams, who purchased this listing for just Rs.1/-(through PaisaPay) even after reading the conditions and expected me to send him something for just Rs.1/-. So I did not enter the shipping details and he got a refund.

Now This buyer has left a unfair negative feedback to me for JUST Rs.1/-. I got very angry and I thought of leaving him a negative feedback. But these eBay people told me that I cannot leave him a -ve Feedback. I dont know What kind of ebay rule is this. eBay should treat both sellers and buyers equally.

In the first place this buyer did not agree to the conditions that were put in the listing and this violates 'Unwelcoming and Malicious Buying' policy of eBay. Secondly, he got a refund and transaction did not carry out so nobody can leave a feedback.

I am a new seller and this unfair negative feedback will have drastic effects on my business. I have sent a feedback revision request form to the buyer and still awaiting for his reply. And for the past 1 week, the ebay community court is also not working. I dont understand what kind of service is eBay offering.

My sincere request to eBay is that it has to consider revision to some of its policies and services and also like eBay to review my case in detail.

1. People cannot leave feedback if transaction has not been carried out.
2. Sellers should be allowed to give a negative feedback to buyers(If they feel so).

I have also taken some screenshots but I dont know how to put them here.

I will be very much thankful to everyone who helps me in this issue.

Thank You
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,
This is awful.
Also more awful,these are not free listings. Ebay India will not stop taking its pound of flesh.
Wake up ebay. Save the sellers.
How come a buyer give -ve after taking refund? This is an impossible situation.
I request everybody,buyers and sellers, to rally for this new seller.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@1931electronicsmart...

Yes I saw that listing of yours sometime back,you thought that you were pretty smart, well now you have got someone who is smarter than you.

My advice to you would have been to explain to the customer the real cause for such a listing and I am sure that he would have understood your view as he is also a good seasoned customer on ebay with 66 feedback and you both could have ended with a positive feedback each.

Now all that you can do is go to Comm Court and keep your fingers crossed.

You have 40 listings on ebay today and you claim that you do not know ebay rules, you don't know how to upload images on the forum but you are smart enough to make your listing private. ?????

In Item number: 180396338518 you have put the cost as Rs.21000000.00 that is 210 lakh rupees, are you out of your mind to put up such a listing.

Free advice: Take some time off and READ the rules completely and then list on ebay. Making money is not easy that you just list and money pours in.

This is also a reason that causes trouble for genuine sellers.

********************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

fashion-badshah
Community Member
How buyer paid Rs 1 through Paisapay . I think Paisapay accepts minimum Rs 3 payment
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi Raj Electronics,
Private listing is not violation of eBay policy.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

teslamachine1856
Community Member
Hi everyone,
Thank You for your reply. Currently I am out of station and I will be back by 22nd of this month.

Hi Rajelectronics,
The intention behind these listings(Rs.1 and Rs.210lacks) is that I dont want the buyers to buy them but just see them and understand what I sell.
Also I did not know what a private listing does(When I was new to eBay). So when I started selling, I had made all the listings private. Now I have removed that and all the listings are public.
Also in creating these Rs.1/- listings, it is right and I hope that I am not violating any policies. Also I am paying all the fee to eBay. If I am violating any policies please tell me so that I can correct them.

When creating a listing, I had a link to upload images but here I dont see one.

Thank You
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello,
If you violate policy,TNS will take action.
Why are you asking him? Private listing is just okay.
You are free to do that.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi 1931electronicsmart,

If you wish to advertise on eBay, my advise will be to use the calssifieds format or work with the advertising team to place advertisement on eBay. You can reach the advertising team on advertise@ebay.com

When you list an item for sale, buyers on ebay expect to buy it and get it delivered. By listing an item you are entering into a contract that if the buyer buys an item you will honour it. This is the reason you are facing this experience with the buyer.

Hope this helps!
Sapana
Message 8 of 8
latest reply