cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any mandatory regulation insisting collection executives of LSPs to wear ID Card/Logo shirt

The collection executives of LSPs come bare without proof of identity...They sign and get the packages. How to fix them in case of disputes...Will teh eBay make them compulsory to reveal atleast token number or AWB number to confirm that they belong to particular LSP and have come to collect particular consignment? Easiest and fool proof  way should be a printed acknowledgement in their authorised books with serila number ibstead of manifest. Will eBay look into it?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there any mandatory regulation insisting collection executives of LSPs to wear ID Card/Logo s

Dear wintrustgeetha,

Excellent feedback, Indeed! The personnel from our logistic partners always carry ID proof . Had you experienced otherwise? Kindly share your experience on inlogostic@ebay.com  and we will take it with our LSPs.

Once again, thank you for your inputs. Let's make eBay experiece better!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Is there any mandatory regulation insisting collection executives of LSPs to wear ID Card/Logo s

Usually familiar faces come to collect.

In the case of fedex -most personnel wear fedex uniform Jumpsuits & a big Fedex logo bag to carry the aprcels.

Aramex also carry a red cour Aramex bag & wear a aramex jacket.

Bluedart dont waer uniform -but they will be having a Bluedart bag.

Whatever they collect-sign manifest or not- by next day morning 6.45am -it will say-shipped.

If not I call /go& check with the branch incharge .

if a new persdon come to collect with pout uniform,I call the other known familair persons who come to collect & then only hand over.

very rare occassions -more than 10 parcels /new person come to collect- I said No pick up & then went myself to fedex office & gave !!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I second the suggestion. 

Manifest is a seriously ridiculous idea.

all courier pick up guys should carry printed books.

all they have to donis note down the PaisaPay ids stamp sign and give a copy to the sellers.

makes a lot of sense.

Devesh

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I agree with payless india. The problem is how to preventany mischief or make the process foolproof. Familiar faces come. True. But we rae not sure whether they are still under employment. I have seen the pick up boys change very often. FEDEX come with log shirts. No problem. Bluedart come with Bluedart logo pronted bags. ARAMEX and DTDC come in ordinary civil dress.  The LSPs may have occassions to change the pick up executives due to exigent circumstances. Every next day we can check whether shipped or not...Good...if it is shipped...if not shipped what would we have to do...what is the use of complaining to any one without proof of having handed over products...to whom...If there is no foolproof way available we can adopt any conventional methods. We know how to manage if if anything goes wrong. But why should we fall into a pit and manage to get out just because we are capable. when it is feasible why not they implement...could not they make the collection executive to bring the AWB No.  or Token number or their pick up schedule list given by their company. Simple way is to give printed acknowledgement. or the LSPs can inform us with copy of the Ids given to collection executives by mail and changes if any then and there. We may not have any problem with Bluedart or FEDEX normally. But if any one wants to play mischief such one can play. That is the loophole which we have to look. I found an executive demanding me shipping charges as usual and also informing me that separate bill would come which I had to pay. This happened with BLUEDART in  my private account not under POWERSHIP. I immediately rang up to the executive who helped me open an account with BLUEDART and found that the demand was not proper. There after I made them to acknowledge the receipt of full shipping charges in the waybill itself. Executives cannot be sent out as and when LSPs want as there is dearth of personnel for such services with such poor pay. So we cannot be sure that the ex executives /  current executives always work properly and honestly. In a nutshell, why not we have a foolproof method when it is feasible...why should we be going on defending a method which has inbuilt risk and building tension... I find the Bluedart gives Token number by SMS. If the executives are made to reveal this token number, we can handover the product. All other LSPs may be made to give token number.

The main issue here is LSPs don't bear the above same risk, FEDEX has informed its executive not to give acknowledgement for any package received including in the manifest. I resisted and refused to handover the package, then the exeutive obliged...but he told me clearly that his comany had instructed not to acknowledge at collection point. As long as we sell low value product, this cannot be a big issue. But for those who sell high value product it is defenitely risky. As seemak suggested I have sent my suggestions to eBay also. I fully endorse VEEDEE direct's view.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

My courier guy is a regular. And ever if he is on a holiday then he lets me know through phone and vis versa.

If you are starting new then have him show you his ID card and then save his phone no.

My courier guy now a days is very flexible. If there is a package to deliver to me and if I have called him to not come then he sign's the parcel himself.. takes it home and give's it back to me when I am available. Trust worthy service from FEDEX.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply