Is it right thing done by paisa pay ?

Dear members

I want to discuss one case which I faced recently. I have sold one Chinese phone to one buyer. After receiving the product buyer has not conformed product receipt. He used till 10 days and within these 10 days he only saying something different issue daily to me. I told him if you have any issue send the product for replacement. But buyer told me that he is not happy with this product and he want to go for branded product. So he suggested Samsung phone which is listed in my shop. He told me that I am sending a product to you and after getting it You can send me the Samsung phone I will credit difference amount. See main thing is that I have mentioned clearly in my listings that buyer has to return the product in 7 days for replacement there after product will covered under service warranty. But after using product for 10 days on buyers conformation that he will pay the difference for other product I have accepted return after 10 days. Now buyer has raised refund request stating that Item not received. Also ebay paisa pay team is also giving favour to the buyer for refund. So can anyone tell me what seller can do in such cases? eBay paisa pay team is saying me that you have to suffer from business loss is it right?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
I guess I might be late in replying to this.
Show the POD (online screen shot of item delivered will also work) to paisapay team. tell them item has been delivered to the buyer. Send the same product to the buyer tell him it cannot be replaced. Make sure you take paisapay team in confidence, most of the times they are very cooperative. If they ain't show them the proof of delivery and refuse to refund.for future purchases, block the buyer and make sure you mention restocking fee in your listings, best of all do not accept returns for any reason except manufacturing defects and or DOA (dead on arrival).

regards buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi

Thanks for response. See I done this thing but paisa pay team not saying anything to the buyer. They are not looking that seller already mentioned that item must be delivered within 7 days. As I told same to them but they are telling that buyer not want replacement he want only refund. For me they are telling you have to suffer from business loss. Refund is still on hold and as per customer support they are mentioned that seller is not co-operative. Really this is very bad thing. As we are sellers who want to do business on ebay for longterm. But for one day buyer they not trust on sellers.

Really this is bad as I right?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
Hi,
This is what I advise you. write to your account manager and make him/her understand the situation. If this doesn't help, tell the buyer you are ready to refund but you will deduct 25% restocking fee plus shipping charges. hope thats a fair deal for you as well.
Keep this thread alive with the outcome. would love to hear what goes around and will be a great learning experience for every one here, we might have already gone through this or as at some point in future we might go through same situation so we will know what works and what doesn't.

Also, start a thread of bad buyers, share the id's of all buyers who have scammed us. lets block Bad buyers. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi

Thanks for response. I had given full refund to the buyer. Because eBay paisa pay mentioned comment that seller is not co-operating with the buyer which is lie. As I told them I will refund partially to the buyer but they told that partial refund we will not offer. Also from today onwords as you also aware that ebay launched new policy replacement or refund. I think the same condition will happens with all the sellers. They have to accept used product otherwise eBay will take action against them which they tried to do with me.

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@rhtdm.6624....
After reading your issue, I personally feel that you have handled the issue badly. mobiles-phones correctly said that take ebay custcare in confidence which I do not think you could do properly. I would request you to first acquaint yourself with complete knowledge of customer handling because if sellers set wrong precedence and wrong buyer expectation then the other sellers could also come in trouble in future. Please learn from some good sellers the tips & tricks of selling on ebay.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi Rajelectorics

Thanks for response but could you please tell me whats wrong I have done ? Because I dont have any option as they are decreasing my ratings and also I told them why should I accept return without any issue but they told that we cant able to force to the buyer to take replacement. I told clearly to them you are forcing to seller only for a refund. They told me that we dont have any option and we have to give refund to the buyer.

So could you tell me what to do in such cases.

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

We have all had this experience sometime or the other but if we keep returning money to the buyer then we will end up only returning cash to the buyer and doing no business. You have to learn how to handle irate customers or buyers. It is an art and you will have to learn it.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi

You are right but the thing is that as I told them that I will offer replacement not a refund they done same changes in my power seller status and due to which my power seller status now not showing and they told me it will affect your account. Thaty I had given refund.

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
oh its all bull, never fall for it again.
Tell you what.. eBay is good, but India is not a right place for portal like eBay. buyers are taking advantage of their buyer friendly policies. So play it Indian way.
I know its easy to say without going thru certain scene. But still, just play around. you have greater feedback than me, I can't teach you how to do biz. But i am doing online business since pretty long and trust me, its only the way you want. Its hard to say No some times, but once said, its all easy ahead. learn to say NO.

Man, set terms of refunds/returns/exchange in your listing itself. Create FAQ,Return, shipping policies page on your eBay shop and link them with your listings. Also mention return policy in your listings.

If you have clearly mentioned in your listing that you wont accept any returns or exchange or refund claims, no one can force you to do so. (unless and until n off course you are not selling completely fake items, which i am sure you ain't)

Keep this post alive.

Regards buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply