cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Maximum Shipping & handling charges to improve buyer experience

Dear Sellers,

Shipping and handling charges is one of the important aspects that a buyer considers while buying on eBay. Data has shown that Free / standardized shipping charges help improve buyer confidence and seller’s sales. However, when buyers see unreasonable shipping charges, they spend less overall. To help right-price and bring about increased standardization in the shipping and handling charges, a limit on maximum shipping and handling charges are being introduced in the following categories:http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/Final_Shipping_Caps.html

These changes will be applicable from 11th October 2010

These limits are applicable to all domestic shipping methods:
• Flat Rate Courier – Delivery anywhere in India
• Local Courier – Delivery within a seller’s city
• National courier – Delivery Outside a seller’s city
• PaisaPay Cash on Delivery

These limits are not applicable to International Shipping options.

For most sellers, these changes do not affect how you currently list on eBay as most listings are already within these postage limits. The remaining small percentage of sellers who currently charge more than the above mentioned shipping charges, should review their listings to ensure they are in line with these changes.

Listings that have shipping charges more than the above limits post 11th October 2010 will not go live on eBay.in.

To know more about these changes, please read our FAQ section, http://pages.ebay.in/aboutebay/Shipping_Caps_FAQs.htmlcontact our Customer Support Team or post your questions on this thread.

Please join an Online Workshop on this topic between 4 PM - 5 PM on 21st September for any clarifications on this topic.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

shopwizard

You are absolutely right.....Thursdays remittance yet not credited to seller. Good Job eBay is doing Keep it Up...

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 41 of 69
latest reply

herbal-cureindia
Community Member
From my side welcome this changes but some small issue i have some product have in kitchen & home category consumer electronics plastic made weight is only 200 gram where as in steel or metal made 900 gram as looks wise both item are same seller shows item metal made at the time dispatch the lower quality rate charging higher quality product so how this we judge how ebay will take action for these type product example 16 Sep daily deal item seller sole two item just approxe 129/- free shipping in listing not mention any thing made of product the original product is coming in metal also weight come both item is 600 gram courier company charge for same 78/- per parcel packing & handling extra then how ebay team promote such product without knowledge item & shipping & how T & s act on such cases all will seller do such wrong practice these type so many product we are selling what is justice for honest seller
Message 42 of 69
latest reply

herbal-cureindia
Community Member
One more example chines drill simple one cost of product is only 350/- weight on 1 Kg where as Black & decker drill machine cost 2999/- weight is 3 Kg with packing 3.50 Kg if some thing do about such product then fine first of all 1 Rs Auction seller what they are doing stop them first after control on them come on second stage some decision on rest items

You given lowest charge 50/- Flat for all we are not getting this rate from Reputed courier & what about cost of handling & packaging

In memory pen drive storage item teck item teck accessories & other small item which Ebay team also aware in that 50/- Flat shipping is fine but in other category this is not fair

Apprels just given charges Apparel & Accessories Men's Apparel 100 125

pl book one shirt of Van Heusan tell us what charge courier charge for same cost for same not come less then 189/- you given limit of 100/-

Some thing must be justice as per category
Message 43 of 69
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ rhtdm.6624

Same thing happened with me, Even I participated in DOD in March. I was haggled for BIN price. And promised for FVF credit. But till now its been over 3 months and I have received nothing.

I was first told it would be adjusted with my invoice.
After a month I was told to send a invoice for crdit.
After 3 months I was told to send a Bill on my letterhead with my CST no. in it. (God knows why that is required),

I have sent all 3, am still waiting for that Credit.
Message 44 of 69
latest reply

Dear linusstudios,

Its so sad to hear. I dont't know why they are promising us if not want to give credit even when I called customer support they says we don;t know who committed you for credit. Billing team also says same thing. I got that mail from RoadToSucess. Now I am not thinking about that payment. I have given best prices that time as on that promise. & suffered from loss.

I think we have to stop now to give lowest quote for DOW.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 45 of 69
latest reply

Dear Anil,

As you said that sellers are taking too much charges for shipping. But if you check on other shopping websites I am not disclosing name but they are also big selling websites also taking shipping charges which are charging to customer. e.g for printer shipping they are taking 550 & which is absolutely right nothing wrong in that. Then why is this rule for us?? Can you show me a single courier which ships printer in 200 Rs. Its my challenge I will give printer of 10,000.00 to eBay in FREE OF COST.

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 46 of 69
latest reply

mctech.mobiles
Community Member
if these rules are applied, sellers are committed to send through some lower-end, non-trusty courier where the product will not reach the buyer, they get only empty boxes. buyers have to fight with the seller and exchange negative feedback. finally the sale will be cancel and ebay have to reverse FVF. this inturn loss the reputation of ebay and sales too.

how can ebay decide the shipping charges without knowing the value of the items sent.

if ebay want to satisfy the buyer and get the commission, they have to allow the sellers to send the goods via trusty,reputed courier so definitely item reach the buyer, which will definitely cost high than the non-trustworthy courier.

it is suicide point for the ebay if applied the rules.

the rules can be applied...
if ebay opens a courier company and send the parcel @Rs.10. then seller and buyer will be more happy. former the most happiest person in the world.
Message 47 of 69
latest reply

mctech.mobiles
Community Member
@Anil Shenoy
the buyer is 100% agreed to pay the shipping charges as per the listing before making payments.

Indian buyers are not fools they know about,
product final price = product price + shipping charges
There is no meaning of talking about the shipping charges and give in the DSR.
Message 48 of 69
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Enough Beating Around the Bush. Let me say it straight, Here is why eBay implemented this policy-

Till now it was-

Final Price = BIN PRICE + FVF% X BIN Price + Shipping
1460 = 1200 + 5% X 1200 + 200
eBay gets- Rs 60 i.e FVF fees.

Now they Want-

Final Price = BIN PRICE + FVF% X BIN Price + Shipping
1467.5 = 1350(1200+150 + 5% X 1350 + 50(200-150)
eBay gets- Rs 67.5 i.e. FVF Fees.

Now if seller has to put same BIN price he has to bear loss from his pocket or else pass on the extra FVF charge which is actually FVF being paid on shipping on to the customer.

Either way eBay wins!! Customer Satisfaction - the Famous LOL .
Message 49 of 69
latest reply

Dear linusstudios

You are absolutely right....Sab FVF K Liye....

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 50 of 69
latest reply