Indiapost Strike?

All Dear fellow eBayers,
Today i went to post office to ship a parcel.The lady on counter who book my parcel told me from tomorrow there is going to be strike for indefinite period & none of articles will be booked from tomorrow.

Guys I am affraid if this is true it will be really difficult for me to ship parcels.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Indiapost Strike?

stylish_india
Community Member
No strike please .. God no no nooooooooooooo

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Strike in not the only solution. Instead they could have gone to court and seek justice.

Old people are experienced. However, they do not have much time left to give us good service. Young fresh Graduates have a long lifetime and so they will perform better if they are given some chance of improving. The best way to train these young people is to make them work with their seniors for few months.
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Dear,
Indiapost is very very efficient any very badly under-staffed.
This efficiency is inherited from the European Rulers of India since the days of Bishop Mark or the first hand-struck stamps. I am not ashamed to acknowledge the good side of Company Rule and bad side of the Company sponsored empire of Shah Alam and later BS Zafar, the lazy and perpetually poor poet.
But strike is no solution. A few pple cant hold the country to ransom. Indian politicians are trained to keep money in St Kitts or Swiss banks. Postal employees get nothing.
Jai Ho Gandhis and Singhs.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@health.
For the first and may be last time, i am agreeing with you. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Friends Breaking News,
The lady who told me about strike yesterday,today told me that the strike is cancelled & their demands are accepted.So there is not going to be strike.
Yuppieee
Message 15 of 23
latest reply

stylish_india
Community Member
Oh thank God .. I packed my parcel today for sending it tomorrow through registered airmail and was hoping that the strike should cancelled and got the good news :)

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

The demands were accepted because all of them were very much valid and customer oriented.

@mobile_phones_etc
It doesn't matter for me whether you agree or disagree with me. What I stated was true and it was accepted by Indian Govt. also. You too are free to express your views now and in future without bothering who will agree and who will not.

@amitava
The Indian Postal system is not 'inherited' from the Britishers and India Post is anytime better than the Royal Mail. You may or may not be aware that Royal Mail was on strike from last week of October 2009 to the 1st week of January 2010. Their demands were just to increase their salaries while the demand of Indian Postal employees are different. The salary increase was just one part of the 12 point agenda that India Post employees had and it came to the priority number 5. There were four other priorities before the salary hike request.
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
How can the Indian Postal Service be better than the British Royal Mail?

I have seen a documentary program on some Discovery type channel some months back. They have a huge machine which automatically sorts almost every letter with very high speed. It can even scan and read hand written address and sort correctly. I bet it saves a lot of manual work & time. Does Indian Postal Department have any automated sorting machine in any metro city?

Regarding the Salary issue I would say that the Government should start an incentive program similar to the private cos. There should be incentive in every sector of work. Perform better, earn more.

Salaries should be fixed upto a minimum so that people can just buy the basics like food clothing shelter. However, they can earn more through the incentive program based on performance.
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

One must read Cooper and Giles before commenting on indian postal history.
Message 19 of 23
latest reply

madhaiyanm
Community Member

12-02-2014 and 13-02-2014 two days strike

Message 20 of 23
latest reply