cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS JEWELLARY(GOLD) ACCEPTED BY ANY COURIER COMPANY.

atulnc1
Community Member
JEWELLARY(GOLD) ACCEPTED BY ANY COURIER COMPANY.PLZ LET ME KNOW IF ANYBODY DOES KNOW.

ATUL
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

reshab912
Community Member
I don't know how people are shiping gold and diamond jewllery all over India. when it is not accepted by any courier company.
In selected cities one can send through ANGADIA service. but Angadia is not courier.
If anyone has any details. It would be of great help.
AND EBAY we need your help in this regard. SHIPING GOLD and DIAMOND JEWELLERY. DOMESTIC.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

When I required to ship some silver jewellery, worth 500-1500, I used DTDC. Many courier companies do not accept expensive jewellery due to possible loss of expensive item. However they might not mind carrying gold plated jewellery, since they are relatively low value.

Most of the courier branches are franchises of a good courier company, and since they are small entrepreneurs, it becomes difficult for them to justify/absorb significant losses in case of loss of expensive item. They usually prefer to ship for people on whom they have faith and who will not cheat them by lodging false complaints of goods lost in transit. If you are recommended by a person who knows you as well as the courier guy, the courier will be probably more comfortable shipping for you.

The above is based on my personal experience and may/may not work out for you. However, do keep us updated of your progress/experience.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 3
latest reply