cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to guarantee perfect 5 Star Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) from Buyers

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
just stumbled upon the post, thought to share it with my fellow sellers here.

Ah yes, as an eBay seller, don’t you just love the 1 to 5 Star Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) that eBay buyers can leave for you?

In addition to feedback, eBay buyers can leave anonymous ratings from 1 to 5 Stars on 4 criteria – Item as described, Communication, Shipping time, Shipping and handling charges.

If you’re an eBay seller, I bet you have noticed that no matter how hard you try to please your eBay buyers you always seem to get hit with a low DSR at some point.

I have compiled a list of things you can do as an eBay seller to guarantee 5 Star ratings on DSR from every one of your eBay buyers:

Item As Described:
In your eBay listing, offer to fly the item to your potential buyer’s location so they can physically handle, look at and inspect the item before bidding/buying. It’ll be like they can walk into your “store” in the comfort of their own home. They will have no reason to rate your “Item as Described” DSR low and think of all the frequent flyer miles you’ll accumulate.

Communication:
Since you already flew the item to your potential buyer’s location, make sure you take them out to dinner and talk about all of your policies so they know them before they bid/purchase.

After they bid and win or purchase your item, add their phone number to your speed dial. Call them and tell them how happy you are they bought your item and that you booked your overnight flight to deliver their package. Once you arrive, take them out for dinner again so you can talk about your return policy.

Continuing calling your buyer daily until they leave feedback and Detailed Seller Rating to see how they are doing, how they like the item, and anything else that comes up.

Shipping Time:
Why deal with the silly postal service or those other courier companies? As mentioned above, book that overnight flight to your buyer’s city immediately upon payment and personally deliver the package yourself. Unfortunately this still may not be fast enough and scientists haven’t invented the “Beam me up Scottie” machine (sorry Trekkie fans I’m not an expert in Star Trek technology) so you could instantly beam the item to your buyer.

Shipping and Handling Charges:
FREE SHIPPING BABY! FREE SHIPPING BABY! FREE SHIPPING BABY! Offer free shipping and don’t even add the shipping cost into the price. Absorb all costs associated with shipping, packaging material, etc., even if you lose money. It’s not about making money anymore, it’s about getting those 5 pretty Stars.

……actually you can’t really do anything to GUARANTEE perfect 5 Star DSR ratings from every buyer on eBay, which is why we had fun with you above.

There are always going to be those few eBay buyers that rate sellers low on the detailed seller rating criteria no matter what you do or how perfect your product or service is. You could actually do all of the silly things above and I would bet there would still be some dumb eBay buyer that rates your DSRs low. If those eBay buyers could only understand how much those ratings (even 4 stars) can hurt a seller and prevent sellers from receiving eBay fee discounts.

On a more serious note, you can also check eBay’s Detailed Seller Ratings page where they have more ideas on what you can do to make sure the smart eBay buyers don’t have a reason to leave you low DSRs. If you’re a buyer and you’re reading this, there is also some info for you to read there to help you understand how to properly rate an eBay seller.

To be honest, eBay is a fantastic market place, offering career opportunities to so many serious sellers and off course an opportunity to buyers to purchase the items at relatively lower than local offline market or any other portal. eBay has also played a fair share in development of ecommerce market place in India. Also, personally I am not against Feedback system; however, I strongly feel that half witted Indian online market place particularly is not ready for such sensitive DSR system.

Have a laugh and kudos to the Author. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Dear friends,
I sell stamps and colletibles.
My buyers are intellectuals and easier to deal with. I even have UK professors and knights among my buyers.
I really dont feel at home with buyers buying astrological rings and stones from me.
Learned and educated people will always avoid deliberate blackmailing.
Even my Indian buyers also much better.
If I had to confront the kind of buyers you are talking about, it would have given me nightmares.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 41 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
another negative.
Buyer purchased the item in middle of April, paid on 26th of April out of the bluemoon, said i have deposited money in your account so please ship. I dispatched item in 5 days ,(went out of stock, i wasn't expecting the buyer to pay after 10 days) from the day of payment that is 1st May, item received by buyer on 3rd. confirmed with buyer if every thing is ok, he agreed. no further communication after that till recently, after 15-16 days he turned up to me complaining he didn't receive the bill, battery is heating up and all, i told him i will send duplicate invoice, and take it to service center, since it has already passed 7 days period, I cannot get it replaced from the company. he agreed. again no communication then suddenly left negative yesterday.

really sad, these people are unable to communicate their problem effectively and then think seller will just imagine that they are facing problem. how silly. not sure when indian online buyers will mature. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
or if at all it will mature ever? buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

Indians should be taught the basics of manners and courtesy at school level.
Say: 'How can I help you sir?' at all encounters.
That helps to keep matters smooth.
Message 44 of 45
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ Amitava Ji,
Literally I guess or at least, like in Israel it should be made mandatory for every one to work in Indian Army, at least every one will learn basic manners. I strongly believe, under all circumstances, even in the worst case scenario, One shouldn't be disrespectful for a fellow human being. Even in case of lapse of service, buyer doesn't earn the right to insult the seller. If not "How may I help you", One should at least be tought basic manners (guess its part of the curriculum already, but we seem to forget it as we grow up) buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 45 of 45
latest reply