cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False claim from buyer closed in favour of the buyer

asianinformatics
Community Member
NO SELLER SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUG THIS. BUYER GETS TO KEEP THE CAMERA WORTH APP Rs 19000 AND GETS HIS MONEY BACK ALSO. ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO EBAY BUT EBAY REFUNDS THE MONEY TO BUYER. THIS AMOUNTS TO "PARTY TO FRAUD" Mr. Aniket/ ebay speak up.

ALL SELLERS: THIS CAN ALSO HAPPEN TO YOU.

Claim was closed in favour of the buyer even though we had submitted the POD and the airbill tracking was clearly showing the item as delivered. Pasting below the bluedart tracking result.
Waybill No : 13160280055
Pickup Date 14 April 2011
From Mumbai
To Pune
Status SHIPMENT DELIVERED
Date of Delivery 16 April 2011
Time of Delivery 15:00
Recipient Ashish

Also attached please find the POD copy for verification as well as the DRS sheet we have received from bluedart. We are also trying to get the signed copy of the POD. However Bluedart normally does not give the signed POD for their own reasons and as and when we get it, we will send it also.
Mr Aniket from claims dept has closed this case in favour of the buyer, despite our protest with all the evidence given. All the protest fell on deaf ears. However he did say that ebay can compensate the amount through seller protection and said that he will follow up the matter. However a week has gone by and not a word or call or mail has been received from him. The amount involved is about Rs 19000 for an expensive camera which the buyer bought.

You will also notice that the item received by the buyer in the DRS sheet also has his phone no. We invite anyone to call the no for verification.

The saddest part however is that ebay believes a buyer with 0 feedback and does not either trust or believe an old poweseller with more than 600 positive feedback to his credit and who has already submitted all credible evidence. Ebay we want this money back. Mr Aniket please reply. Ebay please reply. Justice has to be done.

Regds
Asian Informatics
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

singhvirishabh
Community Member
i also get same problem form ebay. my buyer received parcel but he claim that parcel is empty. than why he signature on POD that received in good condition.
E bay policy is not good.
not support seller
i sent him olive pad worth Rs . 19000
Message 21 of 36
latest reply

chandnimarket
Community Member
This is normal for Ebay to give 100% protection to BUYERS. Selling Offshore is worser than in INDIA as you cant fight or get in touch with Offshore ebay if Buyer claims for refund.

I have also been cheated by UK buyer 2009classact786 which ebay have given full 100% unfair refund.

Anyway keep posted...
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

true_value_deals
Community Member
these stories disappoint me !!!!
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

solapur-textiles
Community Member
Well one can gauge from this post and better then that from the silence of ebay over the response to the seller "asianinformatics" and also to this post, that what worst can ebay offer to sellers. I would suggest simply don't sell costly items.
I also wonder why ebay itself doesn't accept parcel and ship it to buyer when they accept payment from buyer and remits to seller ? Buyer's "paisapay" money is being transferred through ebay then why not sold item too ? Will ebay speak on this ?
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

Dear asianinformatics ,

As per the update received from our PaisaPay team, this case has been closed and you have been protected under our Seller Protection Policy.

Feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team in case of any issues.

You contact our Customer Support thru any of the following options -

http://pages.ebay.in/paisapay/phone-support.html

Regards,
Seema
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

2010offers
Community Member
Hi All

We have several such cases..

1. Speed Post- Weight shows, clearly 2 MicroSD, Buyer Acknowledges that package is not opened, Says one is missing
2. Speed Post delivered to Watchman of the Office Building, customer says he didnt get it, Ebay Closes the case in favor of Buyer.

I request all sellers to communicate to ebay in this regard that we need more time to provide POD's and they should entertain such extensions in case we provide Proof of Dispatch (Scanned copies and Online Movement)

2010offers
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

Dear asianinformatics,

You would have received an email from our end that you have been covered under Seller Protection for the case highlighted by you.

Regards
Seema
Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Dear 2010offers,

Further to our telephonic conversation with our PaisaPay team, trust this issue has been resolved.

Regards
Seema
Message 28 of 36
latest reply

vishki
Community Member
Rs.19000/- is not a negligible amount. Sorry to hear that. Anyupdate? Did the seller protection compensate you?

I completely understand your concern. At the same time, I'm a buyer on ebay(I never sold anything) and have faced some problems with deliveries. I'm mentioning these here not to support your buyer, but only to say that there will be genuine claims too.

1. I bought an 3 items from china(or hongkong do not remember) from different sellers. Two were received, and one was never received. When a claim was raised, seller said that he will find out from his courier company and will track. Probably he could not get any information, he cancelled the transaction and refunded. It was smooth. He was a seller with very high positive feedback.

2. I received a blank package with a few folded empty papers from a diary instead of a mobile pouch. Here the package was intact and there were no signs of tampering. When I raised a claim, seller asked me to send back what I received to get a replacement. This pouch was around Rs.200 and as a buyer for whom courier is not a regular thing, the value finding a courier office, courier cost, fuel cost and time involved will be more than Rs.200. I thought its better to leave it as that than doing all that and also sent the same email to seller. But seller has shipped a replacement. This was on ebay india and again seller was with 100% positive feedback with I think more than 500 or 600 ratings. Here I suspect a negligence or sellers staff rather than the seller himself.

3. I bought a hard case for phone around two weeks back. I received the package and realised that it was tampered. I was not sure if the case was going to be inside or not. Luckily it was there. From the packing, it was clear that it was opened and pinned and taped again. But I probably received the item was not useful for whoever opened the item.

4. I bought a used mobile phone two weeks back. Seller sent the phone and everything as described, but the phone has an issue. The phone drains battery in around 12 hours even without any calls. Put a new battery or anything, it just drains, this is not a battery problem but the phones problem. Seller has hidden this issue before sending and now says that there was no issue and I tampered the phone. I opened a claim yesterday and it is pending, I'm not sure how it goes I received the item, but the problem is the phone has a major issue which was not disclosed by seller.

I'm not supporting your buyer, but just saying there could be genuine claims too. I account most of these to the courier or postal services in India rather than either a seller or buyer. Everyone might have atleast one instance of loss of things in couriers/posts or even airline baggages.

I've been happy with ebay so far, but the latest issue I'm facing(phone) made me decide that I'll not buy a high value item again. Because of this, I'm loosing mental peace and time. I will only buy low value items which I can ignore even if I do not receive.
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

This is not a new thing with ebay, it happens always.

Ebay just follows one policy, they will just approve the claim in favour of the buyer when ever a claim is raised.

I am just back from talking to Mr Dev and like always the claim was approved in favour of the buyer.

Buyer jeet6154 bought this product(Item Num-250970517146)

The bulbs were shipped keeping in mind that those are delicate.

This buyer somehow damaged it while installing and opened a claim that he received a broken product.

The product outer packing was not broken, then how can the bulb be broken?

He falsely claims that the bulb was not in its original position that is why it broke.

But in the pictures i received from the buyer, it clearly shows that the bulb was secured in its slot and it was not at all out of its place.

After end long discussions with Mr Dev and the buyer, Mr Dev says that the claim will be closed in favour of the buyer without and further discussions.

Mr Jay( who was the claim adjuster in the above case), was completely on my side on 20th March, but fearing the loss the case was transferred to Mr Dev who in turned approved the case without listening to the key points.

This just proves how much they are inclined to the buyers, MR Dev will the buyers be of any use to you if there are no or limited sellers.

I know this happens with most of the sellers and it must have happened more than once in your selling history.

Ebay guys ask you to draft a mail to them for protection under seller protection, but the reality is that they do not even care to reply.

Forwarded a mail to them on 21st Aug 2011 regarding an older claim(55588) and never received a reply, forget about getting covered.
Message 30 of 36
latest reply