Ebay Influenced by Top Rated Seller

Hello

This is regarding my below mail sent to ebay on 05/06/2013.
Hello I just spoke to your executive & he put me on hold & never came back on time. Please take action again that executive. My protest is why my account is degraded to below standard seller account. The reason that was given was:- eBay Buyer Protection cases, negative or neutral Feedback, and low detailed seller ratings (1s and 2s) can contribute to this adjustment There is no literature mentioned on your website stating the above reason leads to below standard account. Even if it exists at some corner of your website, then it should be displayed in seller dashboard. According to seller dashboard, my account falls in standard category. I believe ebay is a professional company & not some roadside company where you bring in new policy without informing sellers & degrades their account according to that. Please change my status to the above category. I am not going to wait till the next evaluation. If you fail to do so i would discontinue my account with ebay. PS:- Please take action again that executive whom i spoke to just 15 mintutes back. I was put on hold for 10-15 minutes & he never came back with an answer.

After few days i checked my competitors account geniusdeals1, whose account was also degraded maybe because of so many negative ratings.His account got restored to Top rated seller after only 4-5 days.So it was just a gimmick created to show that ebay takes action against top rated seller.

It clearly shows that ebay doesnt has one uniform policy for all the sellers & there are some people in ebay who are influenced by top rated seller to maitain their account status & degrade accounts of new sellers like me.

Ps:- I still havent received reply to mail & the verbal commitment given yesterday that i would received the reply within 24 hours.

Hope some senior management person looks into this matter & take necessary action.

Regards
Pradeep
cartridgestore2011
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How do you know that the account of geniusdeal1 was also degraded?
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

We were competing against each other for the same product.It was top rated seller last month. When my account got degraded in the fist week of this month, even geniusdeal1 account got degraded .Now you can check,it has been restored again to TRS.
I am still surprised that i have not received any reply from ebay after posting here.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Don't worry you are not going to get any reply 😄

And the accounts are evaluated on monthly as well as on yearly basis. Here monthly evaluation is on 20th of every month. And a yearly cycle is of 12 months starting from 1 June to 31st May. But still if your DSR rating is above 4.4 in all the categories, how can it be downgraded to below standard? 😮

I will suggest you to mark a mail at inrswebhelp@ebay.com regarding the same. Of course you are not going to get any quick resolution from them, but that's the only way for you right now 🙂

Good Luck !
Message 4 of 4
latest reply