Ebay India May Not Relaunch

I know that several of us have been told my ebay support that website will be relaunched. However I have also noticed that a large number of sellers have been told otherwise. Which means that what seller support is telling us is more of guess work than anything else.

I did a little research and the CEO of Flipkart in his email to employees clearly mentions that he want to smoothly migrate ebay sellers and buyers to the new Platform they are launching. In most likelihood it means that ebay is not coming back. Even if it coming back, we are being migrated to Flipkart's new platform.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay India May Not Relaunch

Well, maybe ebay may not launch but I would like to highlight that flipkart ceo cant directly onboard us, and thats his biggest task to convince ebay sellers to join new flipkart venture, trust me we have some worth that why fk ceo wants us there, lets for now boycot his new site and wait for ebay, I think ebay will be back in india but by other brand name, mainly because ebay brand has very bad image in present market.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Flipkart can't force us to sell on its new platform but it can certainly migrate us if owns the data. The problem would be that over the years we have build reputation and feedback score which ideally I would want to be migrated to new ebay platform if it's ever launched.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

More important point would be that ebay support's word can't be taken at face value now. We at least need to warn sellers that ebay may perhaps not happen and they should refrain from stocking up for eBay. Whatever Flipkart is launching, it will solely focus on used goods, which means a lot of sellers won't be able to migrate to it even if they want to.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Apart from Myntra, every company that Flipkart overtook, was forced to shut down. What was ebay thinking to join hands with Flipkart.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Please read this post, It's very important for all sellers who are concerned about their remittances as much as I am.....

All-sellers-must-read-this-post-VERY-IMPORTANT/m-p/159581#M19307

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Don't worry ..they will be back soon as i saw a tweet reply of ebay..besides media reports are they are trying to buy shopclues...
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Dear crockerybazar5,

The shopclues deal has apparently fell apart. There is a report that things didn't work out. While its true that ebay will relaunch, the problem is that it will focus on exports meaning allowing Indian sellers to sell abroad. Not ideal for all the sellers.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

they will be back buddy.. behind the scene's for big game is in making . Stay Tuned.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply