cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY is promoting Nigerian FRAUDS to cheat sellers into paying listing fees

sanjay-k
Community Member
I think that in the disguise of Nigerian Frauds, EBAY is actually cheating sellers out of listing fees. There is no other reason that they refuse to verify buyers properly in the same manner as sellers. I am sick and tired of spending time listing items on EBAY and paying listing fees only to find that sone NIGERIAN FRAUD promoted and encouraged by Ebay has made a fake bid. Sure Ebay grants Fee Credit, but you still end up paying listing fees. This is how Ebay is cheating sellers
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

sanjay-k
Community Member
Another Nigerian fraud. It seems eBay cannot do any verification at all and its a waste of time and money to list things on eBay for sale. Definately not a site meant for genuine sellers. I will cancel all my auctions and change to rediff shopping. EBAY SUCKS. Its a fraud site and this Nigerian menace is a fraud by EBAY to cheat sellers out of listing fees. You are frauds. Here is a copy of the mail recieved from the present buyer. Please note that its exactly the same as the last one. Only the user id is different. ARE YOU PEOPLE SLEEPING?????

hello seller,

how are you doing today? i recieved your mail about the goods i
bought from your store, and as the managing dirrector of jazyroofing company i just want to send the goods to my friend in nigeria as a gift.so what i need from you, is that i want you to send the goods to my friend house and calculate all the money you use i will pay you througth western union money order. this is the address in which i want u to send it to
Name...Joshua ..Ekene.........
Address......50a ...iyobosa st off new lagos rd.......
City...benin....... .
State.....edo......
Country...Nigeria......
Zipcode..23452...........
please filll this form so that it will enable me to proceed the payment through werstern union money order
Name....................
Address.......................
City................. .
State...................
Country........ .......
Zipcode..........................
tell..........................
Fax...............................
Awaiting your repply.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

sanjay-k
Community Member
Member or Item being reported: 5827279434

Different NIGERIAN FRAUD, same message. IS EBAY SLEEPING?????

Message: FRAUD BUYER -- NIGERIAN FRAUD. Here's a copy of the email I recieved from him:-

hello seller,

how are you doing today? i recieved your mail about the goods i
bought from your store, and as the managing dirrector of jazyroofing company i just want to send the goods to my friend in nigeria as a gift.so what i need from you, is that i want you to send the goods to my friend house and calculate all the money you use i will pay you througth western union money order. this is the address in which i want u to send it to
Name...Joshua ..Ekene.........
Address......50a ...iyobosa st off new lagos rd.......
City...benin....... .
State.....edo......
Country...Nigeria......
Zipcode..23452...........
please filll this form so that it will enable me to proceed the payment through werstern union money order
Name....................
Address.......................
City................. .
State...................
Country........ .......
Zipcode..........................
tell..........................
Fax...............................
Awaiting your repply.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

stepford_wyfe
Community Member
Hello,

If someone from Nigeria lives in the same country as the seller and registers in the same country as the seller, how does ebay know the buyer is part of a Nigerian scam? They don't until the buyer ask the seller to ship the item to Nigeria and the seller reports it.

There is no way to know where the buyer wants the items shipped to until they ask. It is very unfortunate that people all over the world are being scammed by Nigerians.

At first you could block bidders who are outside your country but now the thieves register in the sellers country so they are not automatically blocked from bidding.
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

mobileonthenet
Community Member
U R RIGHT MR.SANJAY, NIGERIANS ARE EBAY'S DRAMA!
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

sureshmadala
Community Member
another scam..follows..beware...

Display images below - Always display images from jentlelady@hoshmail.com

Hello seller, Am just informing you about your ebay item that am
the winner buyer of this item and i agree with your price as you
are paste this price on ebay also inform you that you are going to
ship this item to one of my client in african {Lagos-Nigerian}
because i buy this item for this friend as birthday gift item and
am going to include the DHL or BLUEDART international frieght money
with your item payment and made all this payment immediately....and
can you let me here from you as soon as you get this payment
notification and i want this item to be delivering by DHL oR
BLUEDART courier company and am going to add the international
frieght money with your payment and receive all this money.

thanks

next mail..
HELLO MATE, I UNDERSTAND YOU AM ALSO SENT THIS PHONE TO MY FRIEND AS GIFT ITEM NOW AND THIS MAN IS INDIVIDUAL OK SO NO PROBLEM FOR THAT....CONCERNING YOUR MONEY I HAVE ALREADY MADE PAYMENT OF Rs 6000+ YOUR ITEM MONEY Rs 36,000 AND THE TOTAL COST YOU ARE GOING TO RECEIVED NOW FROM BIDPAYS IS RS 42,000 TOGETHER WITH BLUEDART MONEY AND I DONT MIND THE MISTAKE OF THIS SHIPING PAYMENT OF RS 2400 OK SINCE I HAVE MADE THIS PAYMENT AND BIDPAYS HAVE APPROVED THIS TOTAL AMOUNT ON YOUR INFORMATION I CANT TELL THEM TO REDUCT THIS MONEY AGAIN BECAUSE I DONT WANT SOMETHING LIKE MISTAKE FROM THEM OK JUST CASH THE TOTAL OF RS 42,000 FROM THEM OK.....I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED A MAIL FROM THEM THAT THEY HAVE CONFIRM YOUR PAYMENT AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOUR BLUEDART SHIPMENT TRACKING NO FOR CONFIRMATION SO THAT THEY CAN MOVE YOUR PAYMENT OUT TO YOUR ADDRESS......DID YOU RECEIVED ANY PAYMENT NOTIFICATION FROM BIDPAYS PLS CONFIRM THIS BECAUSE I HAVE RECEIVED A INVOICE FROM THEM THAT THEY HAVE SEND YOU CONFIRMATION PLS CONFIRM THIS AND GET BACK TO THEM IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR PROVE BLUEDART SHIPMENT NO.

THANKS
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Community Member
Hi i am denzilfrom last one month i am trying to sell a laptop on ebay and everytime sum bogus user has bidded for the laptop and has wasted my time and energy cant ebay check and verify the person details before they let them bid and waste time of users like me . First of all we get less time in that time we sit in front of our computers lsiting our items and in the end if the item goes we pay u your fees but still we dont get any proper support from u I know most probably even after typing this huge thing all i might get is a automated mail reply from u But i just want to know how serious is ebay abt their business thanking you
1st Person

BARR AJUBA DECACOS"
dear seller,
I won your ebay listed item,but i am currently not india now and i dont know when i will be returning.l am in london for some business purposes so i want this item shipped to my friend in Nigeria,through fedex or dhl, for a very important colleague , therefore i will be responsible for any additional cost that the shipping charges might cost., do get back with the grand total so l could make payment through via western union order and i mean shipping cost plus item cost and the below informations so that i can proceed with the payment. immediately, l await your reply.
2nd "hope lampad"
Hello,

How are you doing today?i recieved your mail about the item ibought from your store, i am the winner buyer of the item.i am currently out of india,presently in london,so i want to send the item to my friend in nigeria as a surprise gift.what i need from you,i want you to send me the total cost of everything so that i can send the money order if you agree with me just send me your name and address so that i can send the money order and this is were i want this item to be delivered

james mike
no 30 lawani street,
new benin benin city,
edo state nigeria 23452

3rdAshley Micheal"
I am Ashley Micheal, I work and Live in England am writing you on behalf of your item you placed on websites. Am willing to know how much you want me to offer you for this item I need the item very fast for my client who has just relocated in Nigeria due to his work.He needs the Item for his Final Year Project in school but due to the Nature of my Job I won't be Available to receive the Item here in England so please I want you to send the Item Directly to Him in Nigeria. Please make enquiry about the shipping cost to Nigeria by {3-5 UPS Express] and get back to me with the total cost of the item including the shipping cost so I can make your Payment to you in full.My Method of Payment is BANK TO BANK TRANSFER, is fast,reliable and secure .

Please reply me with the information you want me to make the transfer to.

So 3 times i havwe been chartgedbuy it now fee etc picture listing fee subtiltiles fee so i didnt relist this item again and really i am starting to lose intrest in doing business on ebay
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

9.akshay
Community Member
i agree people, this is becoming sadder. PLEASE DONT DONT SHIP TO NIGERIA.

DONT SHIP EVEN IF YOU RECIEVE THE PAYMENT.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I have always defended ebay here in these community boards .. but seriously. .. these days i really doubt their integrity.

Regards !!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
THESE NIGERIANS ARE CREATING A HAVOC,
EBAY PLZ DO SOMETHING TO CONTROL THEM,I WILL AGAIN STRESS ON THE "BUYER VERIFICATION".PLZ DO THAT AND MAKE EBAY A SAFER PLACE.THIS WILL 100% REDUCE THESE KINDS OF BUYERS,I TELL U MAJOR SELLERS ARE FACING THE SAME PROBLEM,IF THERE IS SELLER VERIFICATION,THEN SURELY BUYER VERIFICATION CAN ALSO BE IMPLIED.

ALSO FOR THE SELLERS I SUGGEST TO USE "BUYER BLOCKS",THIS WILL DEFINATELY HELP THEIR CAUSE AND NO NIGERIAN OR A FRAUD BUYER CAN EVER BUY THEIR PRODUCT,IAM USING IT AND IAM SATISFIED. BUT IT WOULD BE NOTHING MORE SPECIAL TO US,IF EBAY COULD STOP THE FRAUD BUYERS TO SOME EXTENT.

ATUL
Message 10 of 21
latest reply