DOES EBAY READ OUR MESSAGES?

pratik1036
Community Member
does ebay even read what w epost here? how come then they do not understand our problems of being harassed by nigerian and outher fraud buyers?

right now it is so easy for any TOM DICK AND HARRY to open an ebay account, and buy high priced items without any verification.......we lose our listing and they do not get any penalty as no one can trace them...

the worst thing that can happen is the ebay will suspend their account..........BIG DEAL...........they can open another account wiht another fraud/fictitous address and this will go on and on and on and on.......

I HOPE EBAY DOES READ OUR MESSAGES AND HAS THE WISDOM OF IMPLEMENTING THE BUYERS VERIFICATION POLICY JUST LIKE ALL SELLERS ARE VERIFIED....

this is such a simple solution........even a 1 month old child will agree to it.......ONLY IF EBAY OFFICIALS HAD SOME WISDOM........
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi pratik1036,

On your question "Does eBay read your messages" - the answer is yes, eBay definitely reads and evaluates all feedback given by our users. It might not be always possible to implement all suggestions due to various constraints, however, we try our best to address the root cause of the concern.

Regarding your concern on fraud buyers, I totally understand and agree with you that fraud buyers are a huge concern for sellers, especially for the seller of high value products, who are constantly being targeted by fraud buyers.

To address the concerns of such users, eBay had deployed some filters to block potential fraud buyers. We have received feedback from various sources that such filters have significantly helped reduce fraud buyers. However, we also understand that we need to constantly evolve the filters to keep such fraud users at bay. In this aspect, I will request active community support by reporting such buyers via the Contact Us link so that eBay could investigate them and take appropriate action.

I will like to reiterate that eBay shares a seller’s concern against fraud buyers and will continue to take steps against such buyers. All users who have bids from such fraud buyers are requested to file for Final Value Fee credit, to get a reversal of eBay fee. Also, I will strongly encourage sellers to use Bidder Management tools, whereby you can block bidders according to criteria or by user ids. You may block buyers by criteria by My eBay>>>My Account>>>Preferences>>>Selling Preferences>>>Buyer Requirements

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
I a sorry but the ebay system has some serious errors.

At times i am not able to file UPI for users (buyers) who are no longer registered.

Same problem also comes while filing normal upi's

I have also reported Buyer Blocks not workign at times ...

Well exactly how many mails should i write to ebay every day.

Its already very hectic ... its bad ...]

Beleive me its just that ebay is the only place right now ... competetion will soon arise ... (atleast its the need of the hour)

Best of luck ebay.in .. hope things improve (it is but ...)

Regards !!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny 🙂
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

atulnc1
Community Member
EBAY SHOULD READ AND TAKE OUR POSTS SERIOUSLY AND REPLY US HOW THEY ARE LOOKING IN TO IT.WE ALL MAKE SINCERE EFFORTS IN MAKING EBAY THE BEST PLACE TO BE IN.PLZ APPRECIATE OUR EFFORTS.

ATUL
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
Its not about they read our messages but -- DO THEY ACT ON OUR ADVICES ... !!sAsTaITsHop!!

!!sAsTaITsHop!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

invogue-jewelz
Community Member
In reply to Sapana's words "eBay had deployed some filters to block potential fraud buyers"

A very easy filter would be to stop all buyer who give the shipping addresses t these barred countries. This should stop 95% of such fraud.

Secondly Sapana says "All users who have bids from such fraud buyers are requested to file for Final Value Fee credit, to get a reversal of eBay fee"

So easy to say... But are we sellers here to just do that!!! Waste our time on such fraud buyers? Beleive me eBay, nothing angers a seller more than such theoritical replies, which are practically just a waste of time.

Then she says "Also, I will strongly encourage sellers to use Bidder Management tools, whereby you can block bidders according to criteria or by user ids"

I would request Sapana to please try that out before telling us to do it. here is no way we can specifically stop people from Nigeria, we can only specify to "Block buyers who are registered in countries to which I don't ship." So Sapana, you want to tell us that we should pay international listing fee in all our lisings, and NOT select "Worldwide", so we donot get Nigerian buyers!!! WOW, so easy to say again! But Practically IMPOSSIBLE.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply