cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COD disabled till further notice.. eBay is dead

eBay Announcements: Effective June 30, 2018, Cash on Delivery (“COD”) transactions on www.ebay.in will be disabled till further notice.

I don't understand who is making these policies and what issue eBay has. If something is about to go down, they should tell us prior we invest our money into something which we cannot sell on eBay.

Any clue when COD will be reinstated? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: COD disabled till further notice.. eBay is dead

Sale Your Products In Less Price On Prepaid As Ebay is Totaly Shutdown In Coming Oct - Nov...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

eBay won;t shut down its business in India. Also eBay has revoked Flipkart deal and will no longer be managed my flipkart or minikart.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/ebay-to-unload-flipkart-relaunch-india-business-after-walmart-deal.h...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is good news. As Flipkart isnt doing good on their own portal with their own sellers  and it was going to do the same with ebay sellers too. It's a relief to hear about this revoked news. Hope it gains control again and also rollback the new rules implemented since merge.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had mixed reactions when ebay announced "No COD". Still I am hopeful, ebay is not closing down as there is no such reports in internet. They are infact going to relaunch ebay.in, after cutting their ties with Flipkart. With this news in mind, I am feeling they are doing all necessary corrections before relaunch. Removing COD is a good move as per my experience. This option is offlate been used to abuse online sellers, putting the product and shipping charges at stake. With ebay slowing down, I began with Amazon and Shopclues. They have COD option and the returns are so erratic. When you compare these sites with ebay, they are so mysterious. They never show the customer profile to you, like for how long they have been with site, what other sellers feedback for them etc. Only if order is confirmed, you get to see their address, but we cannot contact customers directly. Please read this link. Very helpful for ecommerce sellers, https://indianonlineseller.com/2016/01/cash-on-delivery-cod-slowing-down-indian-ecommerce/
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There were several cases of cash snatching all over India and keeping the safety measures in consideration ebay decided to put a hold on COD until further notice. I never bothered to look at other sites to sell my products. I love selling on ebay and will continue.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

With my terrible experience in other sites, it is proved there is no other site other than ebay.in, at present in India, with seller friendly compatibility features. I just wish they continue to stay forever and continue to make our lives easier.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply