BEWARE OF NIGERIAN SCAM!!

msujoy007
Community Member
I am very grateful to God that I did not land up like other ebay victims conducting business with the Nigerians.

For people doing business on ebay using Paypal never ship your items till the time you receive full payment recorded in your Paypal account.

SCAM 1 SCENARIO:

"You get a fake email from Paypal stating that you need to ship the item first and then send the tracking number for the money to be credited to your Paypal"

- Never do this till the time you receive the full amount recorded in your Paypal account.

SCAM 2 SCENARIO:

"Hi, I like your item and I want to offer you $$$(the scammer gives you a good price which you cannot refuse) and I want the item to be shipped to my cousin who is in Africa doing social service or working in some charitable organization"

- The whole statement looks very dodgy and should avoid shipment to African countries for seller security and ensure you dont land up like a failed victim.

So sellers out there please be careful and never ship your items till the time you receive money in your paypal account.

If you feel that you think a Paypal email is fake then kindly forward the email to the Paypal support and save yourself from being a victim. The same goes for fake ebay emails.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0