Ashamed to be associated with ebay.

I had registered with ebay to be at the Chennai seminar today. But I decided that I'll never ever be a part of ebay after I read this on the net. I'll be cancelling my subscription later tonight with ebay.

=========================================================
Geldof, the former lead singer of the Irish rock band the Boomtown Rats, first gained fame in the late 1970s with the hit "I Don't Like Mondays." A few years later he leveraged that success to help launch Live Aid in 1985. It was the first mega-concert featuring multiple artists from many nations, and it was designed to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia.

Now that Geldof is back in the spotlight with his upcoming Live 8 concerts, once again organized to fight poverty in Africa, he is singing a similar tune but with a technology twist: "I don't like eBay."

Geldof was angered this week at the auction giant because the free tickets for the July 2 concert in London's Hyde Park -- featuring Paul McCartney, Snoop Dogg, U2, Sting and Madonna -- were being auctioned for as much as $2,000 on eBay's U.K. site.

The 150,000 tickets were to be free to lottery winners who entered via text messaging. More than 2 million people sent text messages for tickets.

The rocker told Britain's Sky News that eBay's refusal to stop the auctions was "despicable," and "they should have thought about it before they did this," the AP reported.

"The people who are selling these tickets on Web sites are miserable wretches who are capitalizing on people's misery," Geldof reportedly told Sky News.

He also accused eBay of being "electronic pimps."

But eBay defended its right to auction the tickets.

"A ticket to the Live 8 concert is no different from a prize won in a raffle, and what the winner chooses to do with it is up to them," the company said in a released statement.

After continued pressure and haranguing from Geldof, eBay offered to make matching donations to charity, but once again, Geldof went on the offensive.

"It is filthy money made on the back of the poorest people on the planet. Stick it where it belongs," he told the BBC.

However, eBay decided to change its course after Geldof had called for a worldwide boycott of the auction site and suggested Internet users take down the sites through whatever means.

"Though selling these tickets on eBay is not illegal and we believe people do have the right to buy and sell items as they choose, we made an exception to our policy on the occasion of this unique, charitable concert," the auctioneer said in a statement.

As of late this week the mess still had not subsided completely. During the period when eBay was still allowing the auction of tickets, many users had logged on to the site to make outrageously high bids to ensure the tickets could not be sold, undermining the process.

EBay informed the high bidders via e-mail that they had been suspended from the site.

Live 8 is a series of concerts that will be held simultaneously in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome and Philadelphia.

=========================================================
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

touch_and_shine
Community Member

It's shocking

user posted image

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

cellphonez_in1
Community Member
i had to clear one issue ,it was like ,that the buyer claimed that the product is faulty and was asking a refund and when my account got suspended i was asked to clear the issue then only my account will stand for reinstatement ,so i had no choice i asked the paisapay department to pay Rs 600 back (the product cost) ,and i had not deducted 25% restocking fees also ,,so instaed of refunding rs 600 back ,they refunded the full 800 rs , so the buyer gets the full amount and even has the product ,he has not returned the product back to me till date Thanks to ebay and its ill policy i lost my 800 rs ,+ a negative rating from that fraud buyer + loss of business and reputation on ebay.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

cellphonez_in1
Community Member
i have lost a good amount of money on ebay ,since when ebay started i dont remember that when i had earned a profit ,Baazee was 1000 times better ,i wish we could get our baazee back and i am not sure that till when will be my account active ,bcoz someone is behind me ,he is creating bogus accounts and purchasing my products and even rates me negative ,i have recd 8+ such negative ratings in last few days ,so the clock is ticking ,ebay has almost destroyed my business and my reputation which was so had earned by me on baazee ,unfortunately no one listens ,there is a strong need of a seller unioin , ebay does not even take pain to understand the need of sellers ,its the sellers who r paying fees ,that too hefty fees ,to ebay ,still we are considered nothing ,i am really disappointed with their attitude ,wish a site like baazee would come back.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

mystic_collector
Community Member
It's shocking. Its hard to believe that ebay is so easily lured to the false claims by the buyer that the product has been received in faulty condition. Ebay has to understand that this kind of dispute is best left between the buyer and seller. But Ebay went too far by suspending your account. I ask Ebay what is the proof that the buyer may not have damaged the goods from the seller? Ebay has to learn a lot?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply