Anybody applied for Amazon.in Marketplace ?

There is no reason we can't sell on both ebay and amazon...so I gave my application online 10-12 days ago, just on the day Amazon.in was launched and 2 times after that. Still no response from them. Are they ignoring small time, part time sellers like me ? In the US, there is no such restriction. I dont know why they are taking so long to accept my application. Any of you friends got your application accepted ?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You cannot choose to sell on Amazon, Amazon will choose you if found worthwhile.

The requirement list for Amazon is very exhaustive and very few sellers can meet all the requirements.

So don't hold you breath for Amazon, if you are suitable for them they will contact you.
StopandShop
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We are registered on amazon but have chosen not to sell as their policies are not very clear

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

We have been approved in Amazonin. But not interested to sell there now.

It is some what ok only if you store in Amazon warehouse & sell as Amazon Fulfilled. Otherwise we have to ship direct. My goodness! we have done lot of direct shipping by DTDC,DTDC plus & professional. Unlike ebay where we have to ask the customer to sign in confirm delivery (with out powershipping), Amazon says ,they have a team to check LSP site for delivery updates. still Remittance with in a few days in Powershipping with premium LSP's in eBay is the best in the industry.  if you have excess goods & need to sell , you can sell in amazon.in .Buyers experience with good customer service is great but not so great for the seller. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I go daily to Bluedart to drop the powership packages(instead of they picking up). I see lots of shopclues & Snapdeal packages also dropped in Bluedart with Manifest (ebay powershipping like packing materials etc.)

Powershipping model via premium LSP's is very well implemented by both snapdeal & shop clues.

Ebay is giving most below Rs 5000 COD to Aramex. But Snapdeal sends all price point COD's thro maximum Bluedart.

Amazon.in is struck (same as USA model ) with eiether "store in amazon warehouse & ship as "Amazon fulfilled "

or "seller ships direct "model.

In India 3 premium couriers charge high for walk in & small accounts. so difficult for a small seller to ship via premium courier.

( powershipping rates in snapdeal/shop clues/ebay are almost same)

I was offered to sell in snapdeal also. did not join yet. They have a fixed remittance 1st to 10th shipped -remittance on 20th , 10to to 20 th shipped on 30th & 20th to 30th shipped on 10th like that . Not flexible like ebay remittance.

I told Amazon.in executives -----this will not work. I am not a newbie .I know how to ship direct but I dont want to !!!!

Amazon.in say they are going to implement  "Flipkart " model of picking the packages from door step themselves & ship.

I told them to implement integrated powershipping  model . Then I may be interested.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The prices on amazon are weired almost 3 to 4 times ebay rates, wonder what type of customers are coming

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I applied for seller account in ebay, amazon and shopclues. My application was approved by all of them and I am making a decent money. Not sure in your case why amazon rejected. You can check with them to get more details and read their help section.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply