cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert against phishing Email claming to be paypal

highskyindia
Community Member
Hello all those who use paypal, just want to share my experience with you all.

I got am email from paypal which said

"from PayPal
to highskyin@gmail.com

date Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM
subject PayPal ID: 95-48-3857

hide details 4:43 PM (1 hour ago) Reply

You have 1 new Security Message Alert!

Click here to Log In

Thank you for using PayPal!

The PayPal Team"

When I clicked and logged in I was taken to the following screen and asked following details

From

First I had to enter my email and password and then I came the this page,

I was asked to enter my credit card information, as my account was restricted ( as per Email) information that was asked included 3 digit security code and ATM PIN no. that made me suspicious, I forwarded the mail to spoof@paypal.com ,and to my shock i got the following reply within 2 mins

"Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By
reporting the problem, you've made a difference!
Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.

Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to spoof@paypal.com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity
theft.

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your
extra effort.

Thanks,

PayPal
"

As a security measure i changed my password also.

I just wanted to share my experience with you all , so you can stay alert against all these phishing emails,
In the Screen shot just check that how real the website looks but just look at the address bar, this is not paypal address

Regards
akash
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Alert against phishing Email claming to be paypal

spl_ind
Community Member
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is indeed a great help for those users who have not yet received these type of fake emails.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply