Airmail Parcel Post or Small Packet Post??

nitindb_india
Community Member
Hi,

Recently I visted the Foreign Post office (FPO) in Mumbai, and asked for the postal rates for various international services and was handed rates for Speed Post (SP) & Air Parcel (AP). I was shocked to find out that Air parcel rates were not much cheaper than Speed Post. I have since checked the India Post website (Maharashtra Postal Circle) and noticed other international services which I hadn't known about. One of these includes the Sample & Small Packet service for foreign post, which were much cheaper than SP or AP even with the Air surchage added on. The only restriction is that only a maximum of 2kg can be sent as a Small packet.

For example if I were to send a 2kg parcel to USA, here are the rates for the various services:-

Speed Post = Rs 1175

Air Parcel = Rs 1005

Small packet Airmail = Rs 555 (Rs 155 + Rs 400 Air Surcharge)

Why is it when I ask the FPO in Mumbai about 'Small Packet Airmail rates', they don't seem to know what I'm talking about? What are the typical dimentions of a parcel which can be sent as a 'small packet'? Does anyone use this service or know anything more about it?

Many thanks,

Nitin
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

c153niyam
Community Member
thx for the link but thats for surface - it will take months to reach. I was told minimum cost is Rs 475 for speed post to North america
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

rhythm28y
Community Member
They r chor... it wud b better if u stop selling/sending parcel to international destinations... bcoz after sending it... if you r the child of god... it will reach the destination( ofcourse not on desired time) but if u r a normal individual... then 1st of all... u will keep on running between offices... u will also received mre than 1 thousand numbers whom u can contact for your problem out of which 500 will be unanswered 250 will be busy( the receiver is kept aside)... the rest 249 will ask you to contact on each other numbers... the last 1 will give u the same num which u clled the 1st time... so its better to die poor rather than doin business with such (""")
Message 32 of 46
latest reply

hearts_hacker
Community Member
I want to send a parcel to Canada that is around 25Gm. It is a XBOX 360 DVD PCB board. I want to send to Canada to for some repair (Retrive the DVD key).

Can I send it? What will be the best approach and cost?
Message 33 of 46
latest reply

hearts_hacker
Community Member
I want to send a PCB board of a DVD to CANADA to repair. It's a damaged part of XBOX 360 DVD. Weight for the parcel may be around 100Gm.

What will be the best method to send it? What could be the cost?
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

hearts_hacker
Community Member
I want to send a PCB board of a DVD to CANADA to repair. It's a damaged part of XBOX 360 DVD. Weight for the parcel may be around 100Gm.

What will be the best method to send it? What could be the cost?
Message 35 of 46
latest reply

great thread, Good information INDEED>>>
Message 36 of 46
latest reply

kvsuperstore
Community Member
When you send by anything other than Speed Post it is generally Russian roulette game! It may reach or it may not! Recently I tried using Registered Parcel mode result no tracking whatever. Even if the buyer got the pack she never even once contacted me and just opened item not received case. Since online tracking was not available at all I was defenceless. Result paisapay refunded the money to her. Paisapay is not at fault here I am .. why the hell did I choose the cheaper shipping option. Anyway I have learnt my lesson now. Currently having a dispute with a german customer used small packets. Again not traceable on his site though traceable on India Post. So beware!
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

symufa
Community Member
Can we track registered airmail small packets.
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

best-buys-4-you
Community Member
This is BY FAR the best tracking for ALL international packages, shipped by any carrier and by any method (SpeedPost, Air Mail, Registered Mail, EMS, China Post, India Post, DHL, UPS, Royal Mail, TNT, FedEX and ALL the rest, including the US Postal Service)Be aware that some letters, packages, and parcels don't show up for at least a week from date of shipping:

http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

nicedeal52
Community Member
Hi Frends,
is there any site or any source where item sent via Registered India Post item to AUSTRALIA can be tracked?
like this RR407441122IN

Urgent help required!!

Thanx in advance 🙂

Andy
Message 40 of 46
latest reply