cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Regarding E-BRC or BRC Requirement for CSB-V Export Shipments

I am writing to inquire about the necessity of E-BRC (Electronic Bank Realization Certificate) or BRC (Bank Realization Certificate) for our export shipments under the CSB-V (Commercial Sales - With Value) mode. As you know, we export goods to various countries using CSB-V, and I have some concerns about the export document closure process.

To provide some context, CSB-V was introduced to simplify exports, allowing sellers like us to export even low-value products, as low as $10, under the commercial mode. This was a beneficial development, considering it streamlined the export process and minimized paperwork.

However, I have recently come across information that suggests we might be required to submit all CSB-V invoices along with the CSB-V shipping bills & FIRC's to the bank for closure and to generate the E-BRC or BRC. If this is indeed the case, it could potentially create a significant financial and administrative burden for us sellers.

It is disheartening to note that as sellers, we do not avail of any government benefits like Duty drawback, MEIS (Merchandise Exports from India Scheme), or RoDTEP (Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products). Therefore, paying a minimum of INR 500 plus GST for each export document closure seems unfair, especially if we have a substantial number of exports per month.

For example, if we have 200 export bills in a given month, the cost of closing these bills would be 200 x 500, which is an expensive proposition. It also involves a considerable waste of time and resources.

As a community of eBay sellers, I believe we should come together to find a suitable solution to this issue. Perhaps we could collectively voice our concerns to the appropriate authorities or seek clarification on the requirements for CSB-V export document closure.

I kindly request your input and experiences regarding this matter. Have any of you encountered similar challenges? If so, how did you address them? Do you have any insights or suggestions that could help us mitigate this burden while ensuring compliance with export regulations?

Let's join forces to explore potential solutions and advocate for a more seller-friendly approach to the CSB-V export process. Your thoughts and ideas are highly appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0