cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ebay policy on DOA items having manufacturuer warranty ?

Hi,

What is the policy of ebay for items recieved DOA and wherein the manufacturer has given DOA certificate?

Is this covered under Paisa Pay for refund/replacement? or does paisa pay simply says thats its covered under manufacturer warranty and closes the case?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is ebay policy on DOA items having manufacturuer warranty ?

Dear raulbraganza,

According to eBay guarantee policies products under manufacturer warranty are excluded as warranty can be claimed at authorized service centre across the country.For transaction involving manufacturer warranty (with proper invoice) and if the claim is with regards to technical problems faced by the buyer, eBay will in most cases guide the buyer to go to the authorized service center for resolving the concern. But if the buyer has received the product in damaged condition, some components of the item were missing, or the item was significantly different then what was mentioned in the listing, in such cases eBay will accept the claim filed by the buyer and expect the seller to resolve the situation.

However if a buyer provide us DOA letter then our team follow up's in the case and might possible refund gets approved on behalf of buyer.

Hope this piece of information would be useful to you!!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I had purchased a HTC One X -32 GB for rs 24800 ,on  12.aug 2013.

I recieved the item on 16aug 2013. This item was DOA.

I opened a paisa pay claim no :262341 on 19aug2013.  Without giving me a chance to provide DOA certificate , my claim adjuster closed the case on 19th itself , saying that the item has manufacturer warranty and to resolve the issue amicably with the seller.

I got the DOA letter on 20th and emailed ebay the same.  This action of ebay of closing my case without hearing my side was very shocking.  I called up ebay on 19th itself and told them to reopen the case. The rep told me that theywill  open the case by next morning.  But nothing happened till 20 evening. The case was still closed.

As the claim adjuster had told to resolve the matter directly with seller , I called up the seller and he told me to reship the item back to him with DOA letter. On 20th evening I reshipped the item back to the seller. and emailed ebay the return shipping details.

When I called up ebay on 21st, and I told them the full situation , I was up for a even bigger shock. Ebay started saying that since I shipped the item back to seller directly , ebay is no longer responsible and they cannot do anything in the mattter.

Now, have I done a crime a shipping the item back directly to the seller? Is it mentioned anywhere that I will void all claims if I ship directly? can you pls provide me the link where this is mentioned? Did Ebay expect me to sit idle  with a 24800 faulty product ?

Why did they close my case the  same day , without even listening my side? if my case was open , I would have waited for their instructions regarding reshipment. and why did the claim adjuster put a remark telling me to resolve the issue directly with seller? Looks like Ebay was just waiting for excuses.

For 15 days , I was at mercy of seller for this stupid actions of Ebay . When I spoke to Ebay Supervisor on 6 sept 2013 , she started saying that since I shipped the item directly , the seller cannot even give me a refund through ebay , even if he wants to.

Now , this was getting totally ridiculous. Looks like ebay is out to cheat buyers by finding small loopholes. It was very disgusting of EBAY.

OTHER Buyers Beware of EBAY and their stupid worthless guarantee claims.

Finally after following up for 15 days , seller agreed for refund indirectly , that too after deducting ebay fees of 8% .

Will EBAY refund me this amount of RS 1800  plus the reshipping fee of RS 300 , which I had to suffer ?

Or will they give the silly excuse that I reshipped the item directly to seller to cover up their inactions? STUPID MORONS!!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

i have same issue

I got DOA certificate from authorised service centre .... i contacted the ebay and seller ... but no reponse from thier side ... i purchased some product from snapdeal , flipkart also .... they don't have any issue if the item got DOA certificate ....    EBAY IS FRAUD

Message 4 of 4
latest reply