cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PaisaPay a MYTH, PayPal the REALITY!

kashmir_crewel
Community Member
Hello,
Well if somebody would ask me the difference between PaisaPay & PayPal, I would say it is almost like the difference between a 'Local Retail shop' & a 'Supermarket'. One is ill-equipped, short on staff, poor to respond & the other professional, always prompt, responsive.
Coming to the real differences, I would like to mention that 'Verified' members of PayPal can withdraw funds (at least US$ 150) as and when they want. Delays in receiving payments in your PayPal account are NON-EXISTENT, thank God. PaisaPay can take weeks, as per their own agenda, to clear Credit Card payments. PayPal tells you if a member is verified (which helps a lot in determining if the buyer is genuine!) or not.
Credit Card verification is possible for people who can generate Virtual Credit Cards (in case they dont have a physical one) through NetBanking and then by entering the 'Expanded Use Number' which is available in the online statement for that Card.
PayPal payments can be withdrawn using cheque (US$ 5.0 per withdrawal) or using the third-party service at www.xoom.com (8 to 15 dollars for upto US$ 1000). Funds transferred using xoom.com can be deposited directly in any of the 50 supported BANKS in India.

PaisaPay has caused a lot of suffering and pain for INDIAN Sellers, partly due to our ignorance of a better alternative and partly due to the policies of Ebay India not promoting PayPal and giving all the attention to PaisaPay, a term invented & propagated in INDIA alone, for some VERY strange reasons!

Best Wishes
Shahnawaz ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

kalai8810kalai
Community Member
the explanation was helpful to understand what are the pros and cons of paypal and paisapay. If paisapay is creating this much pain then thy are they still using it as the gate way ..
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
You have to understand one thing. PaisaPay is not an open PG. it is propriety product of eBay India. As when eBay india launched, paypal was still in their early stages in India and was not regulated by RBI. Hence PaisaPay was introduced as per RBI guidelines.

The befits of PaisaPay over PayPal are you can use Any Debit or Credit card carrying Visa/Master logo. and HDFC/ICICI/Citibank net banking as well. if you transact on Paypal, you will be charged in USD on your card and this will attract extra charges on your credit card account for foreign currency transaction. on top of that you will have to show in your ITR why you made Forex transaction.

On the other hand, PaisaPay simplified this, and
1)buyers are being charged in INR.
2)is integrated in eBay.in by default.
3)You can pay using your Visa/Master credit as well as debit card
4)Three major banks netbanking already available.
5) Your Credit/Debit Card shows purchase in INR.
4) You get refund if buyer doesn't ship item in 7 days.

Hope this is helpful buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

kashmir_crewel
Community Member
This is actually the Seller point of view.
For Buyers in India, PaisaPay is far more convenient than PayPal. A 100% Money Back guarantee for undelivered items like PayPal makes it equally safe.
So buyers can rest assured while using PaisaPay to pay for their purchases.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
Read point 4) You get refund if buyer doesn't ship item in 7 days

didn't say that in jebrish, plain english buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

zajacik99
Community Member
if indians stopped using paisapay they would have more customers from around the world and got more money for their items. but because of all problems with paisapay many people skip the auction which has "paisapay only" transaction method.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

igcsestuff
Community Member
Urgent: I'm just about to list an item and I don't want to use Paisa pay I like Paypal better, but I don't see any other way I can proceed to listing the item!

Help please!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply