Paisa Pay authorisation letter

prashantbhadoria
Community Member
I have recently purchased BRAND NEW LG 7050 SLIDING DIGITAL CAMERA CELLPHONE ( Refre (6381921004) on 2nd April 2005 from M/s Mobilzone, I initiated the payment by paisa pay and submitted the necessary details. I was intimated by E bay that I need to send a faxed copy of the credit card (attached to this letter) and some kind of authorization letter which shall be mailed to me shortly. But I am surprised to see that no such letter has been e-mailed to me nor any response has been sent to the queries I sent to E bay over the same subject. Could you please look in to the matter and send me the copy of the authorization letter immediately

And can u tell me how long does this process take??? I wonder if E bay originally is like this or E bay India has picked up our time standards
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Paisa Pay authorisation letter

tsange56
Community Member
Hello, prashantbhadoria,

Are you sure that the authorization letter was not included to the e-mail-text asking for a fax? For the two payments I made with Paisapay, there was a confirmation form included. And it took some days until somebody from eBay/Paisapay had time to read my fax (no wonder, if they have to control each single transaction manually).

I cannot tell for all Ebay sites, but there are differences between different countries concerning favourite and/or available payment mehtods according to bank conditions given in each country. But at every Ebay-site in a language I understand, there was always a possibility to use Paypal (instant payment) or bank-to-bank transfer (taking around 3 working days) for offers with international shipping, so you could know when your seller should have the money and when you start to ask questions about tracking numbers, lost packages etc. or think about further steps to take.

To me, the fax-method with manual control of every single transaction is a unique caracteristic of eBay India. I see that the eBay employees keep saying "its not a bug, its a feature", but I still do not understand how doing things this way could increase the security of my credit card, even if it could possibly give some additional security to the one transaction concerned (with some big additional risks for my credit card account as a whole - more handling steps, copies, people and time involved = more risks of errors and security gaps of any kind).

Furthermore, telling me that there is a need of controlling a transaction done under secure conditions (secured server, repeated password-submitting) is like telling me that the secured conditions are not secure. But if this is so, nobody should ever use a credit card on eBay (the risk for the credit card account is exactly the same if the credit card data are stolen while paying a small amount than while paying a big amount, and than the risk is much, much bigger than to "just" loose the money you would afford to pay for some items you want) and nobody could have an eBay-account without permanent paranoia.

So I really wonder what it is that eBay India likes to protect with all the additional control methods. To me, the only explanation would be that it could be to protect sellers from fake buyers (will eBay India also control the sending of the purchased items to my address?).

Regards,
tsange
Message 2 of 2
latest reply