beware of fraud seller

susmita9391
Community Member
i am a victim of fraud seller . thru ebay i have won sony camcorder from seller cheapstor - lucknow @ rs.6600/- on 23.06.2006 . the seller has repeatedly phoned me and mailed me asking for pmt. he has given his idbi bank a/c no. but idbi having no branch in our city he again provide hdfc a/c no. and i immediately i paid thru my hdfc a/c . just after the fund transfered p.k singh the seller stop responding to my phone calls and mail. within two days after the fund transfered ebay declared that the seller is no more registered and they not able to contact him or force him to refund my money .

IT WAS MY HARD WORKING MONEY TO WHOM I WILL GO NOW ?

SUSMITA
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

beware of fraud seller

susmita9391
Community Member
I HAVE RAISED A DISPUTE AGAINST MY CASE . LET SEE WHETHER IT IS WORKED OR NOT
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Don't worry. Trust on eBay. They will certainly give back your hard earned money if you follow the steps of the dispute. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi susmita9391,

i am sorry to hear about your experience. However, as snrama rightly said, your money is safe.

I hope you are aware that the next step will be close the dispute and escalate it to a Buyer Protection claim. Do make sure that you provide all required proof to the team in time. This will help in speedy readressal.

Do keep us updated about your experience.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

Hello Susmita,
I feel very sad.This is your first purchase through eBay.But Susmita,i shall advice you to remain with us.I started with a new and -ve tag on my head.But I am very much at home now.You can sell your used and good items here.Pple are very much helpful.You have your safety and you are absolutely secure in all respects.But bad guys are screened.Cant help that.That does not affect pple who mean to be good and useful to others and are ready to contribute their best to the community.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

dealz.4u
Community Member
hii,
nice to hear you have made a dispute claim.
please do one more thing.

got to the police station or the cybercell for online frauds..

The Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of Mumbai Police was inaugurated on 18th December 2000 and it is functioning under the overall guidance of Jt. Commissioner of Police (Crime), Addl. Commissioner of Police (Crime) and Dy. Commissioner of Police (Preventive)

Cyber Crime Investigation Cell is located at :

Cyber Crime Investigation cell,
Annex III, 1st floor, Office of the Commissioner of Police,
D.N.Road,
Mumbai - 400001

Email: officer@cybercellmumbai.com

Tel: +91 - 022- 22630829 or +91 - 022 - 22641261

link to the web site :L http://www.cybercellmumbai.com/

lodge a complain on this web site and give them the thorough account details of your payment and also the sellers mobile no / ebay id . and all the details when you purchased it when was the payment made.

and then see how quickly you get back your money from the seller.

thanks..
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

caps31382
Community Member
hello people ..
this was also exactly d way i was cheated . the seller sold me vacuum cleaner n then aft a day he
was removed frm listing n all his products removd.
then i used buyer protection n aft 10 days i can escalate d claim ..
unfortunately even aft 11 days i m not able to do so ... i just cant click the escalate claim circle evn when 10 dys aft opening dispute r over already ...
can i use cyber law frm mumbai concurrently with
buyer's protection... PLS HELP!!!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

ritu@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi caps31382,

I am sorry to hear your unpleasant experience. I understand that you want to escalate the dispute to the Claim, however, you will have to wait for 30 days after the item listing closed. I request you to wait till the mentioned time period after which I am sure that you will be able to escalate. Click Here for more information Buyer Protection claim. Also, once you have escalated the claim, do remember to send in all the documents on time, so as to fasten the Buyer protection process.

You may check the below mentioned link for more information on INR process:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

In case you need any help, do post here or contact our Customer Support team.

Regards,
Ritu
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

beware of fraud seller

forensics_fan
Community Member
caps31382

“aft a day he was removed frm listing n all his products removd.”

Are you sure ebay didn’t remove them? Many times the cheater’s auctions are removed by ebay because the listing violates policy.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply