cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Worst Web hosting! Seller in E-bay

saran_2001
Community Member
Despite of my poor english, i'm witting my worst experience in my entire "ebay.in" history...
Search e-bay.in for webhosting, look carefully and you'd find "50MB Windows WEB Hosting ASP MS SQL 1 year at Rs.389/-"....perfectly placed & perfectly hidden from naked wary eye, you can't deny its beauty, because may be of it's too low price, you become an idiot!

Well.. talking of an idiot, why do we come to ebay anyway?? Why do we love ebay? Why do we have to visit ebay twice a day to search for new items? coz' we want to buy cheap things with cheap price for our eyes and be happy!

That's what happen to me, i purchased that cheap item with chip price for my upcomming website.

Now i was so ready to take it, so ready to feel it and so ready to celebrate my days ahead with my new website!
within 4 hour i got an confirmation e-mail from seller that i've got his hosing plan.

Next two days i spent working on my offline website, putting colors and adding text, i was so happy that i couldn't stop it. I logged in to my hosting area and uploaded my first few pages, and it worked so well that... that i just jumped up the chair 4 feet high.

Now listen the main part...

Next day, again i logged in to my so called "web hosting"
area, i found out that all my files are gone!!!!!! Nothing, no clue!! immediately i emailed to him about it, i waited whole 1 day for his reply, surprisingly no reply, again i sent him 3 mails un-surprisingly no reply.
so some how i noticed that my website also has no root folder called "wwwroot", so i made it, so it worked!
I had no complains to them , instead I was blaming myself for being an idiot.

But today i tried to log in to my account with my password... it won't work anymore.... ha ๐Ÿ˜ž !
I tried to log in to my ftp, my email account, my helm control panel account... nothing works.......

Sent 5 emails to him.. still no work.. no reply, no hope and no nothing.

Now i starting to feel really sick. Is there a way to take action to him? i already gave him the positive reply. I feel cheated, may be i'm not the first one.

but i think ebay is filled with such sellers, they are looking for opportunity to grab quick money. They are smart and knows Ebay really well.

They need to be stopped and that's only possible if the buyer gets the second chance to modify his/her rating in the future and let other know about that seller!..
Thank you
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

chixaov
Community Member
What a scary story! It might happen to anybody. I can't fault you for buying this thing. ebay must take severe action against such fraudelent users.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

touch_and_shine
Community Member

Really shocking
experience!!! Always be sure to check feedback of a seller before buying
anything from him. That can work as a precaution. Contact Ebay Customer Support
to report complaint about this seller who cheated u like this.

user posted image

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

posting.id.in
Community Member
Well O.P.,

Greed did you in.

See, when something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Some advice I would give is, when you search for any product or service on ebay, follow the golden rule of them: Dump the 10% cheapest product / services and start selecting form the ones which are priced somewhere near the market price.

If you think sellers are out here to do charity, than consider if you take the charity, what does it make you to be.

Also the best way to see if the seller is genuine is to see his feeback. If the seller is genuine, he will have a good feedback ratio. Don't just go by the feedback, read the comments by the buyers and do a little study of the feedback. There are a number of crooks and charlatans who initially create fake ids and give themselves tons of positive feedback, but you can check that out easily.

But still the golden principle is: if somethings seems to be too goot too be true, it most probably is.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

jpserverlink
Community Member
Yes, there are some web hosting sellers who just think of making money without having proper knowledge and providing proper support. There are very few sellers in ebay who sell quality web hosting. You can search them by and see there feed back. ebay is great market place where buyers are completely protected by paisapay. Seller does not get money unless its delivered and confirmed by buyer. There are certain web hosting sellers in ebay who provide 30 days money back guarantee with good support but still have low hosting cost. I have good experience with some good sellers. Hope this will help you in dealing further with web hosting sellers.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

kedscash
Community Member
Everone should read 13 deathly threat to hosting before buying any hosting services. here you'll understand which host you would go for and not those that come up a go down the next day if you want this ebook you can email me and request for it.
thank you
http://vorlehost.com
Message 6 of 6
latest reply