USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

bhupengoondli43437
Community Member
Try using Toll free of India Foreign Post office no
Message 91 of 117
latest reply

asra4934
Community Member
Hello, I have requested a product on Ebay with tracking number LJ270225862US

I still have no clue about the package and the seller states that its moved out of the US. Its been over 18 days and I haven't yet received it to my address. Can anyone let me know if this is a usual process and if I have a chance of receiving the product next week?
Message 92 of 117
latest reply

asra4934
Community Member
HI I can see no information for the tracking number LJ270225862US

Its getting increasingly difficult to figure where the package is tht was shipped almost 20 days ago! Pls can anyone advise how I can track this from Bangalore?
Message 93 of 117
latest reply

harinathghn
Community Member
Dear All EBAY Users,

Kindly be alert about US based firms not to believe their commitment about shipping. Simply they will cheat you. Best solution is wait for commited time and open a case of non receipt.You can believe the EBAY service as it is a prompt and perfect online shopping service.

Believe EBAY but not EBAY sellers globally. Always ask for online tracking, if they will not give, think they are cheating you.
Message 94 of 117
latest reply

timotmx11
Community Member
i bought an item on ebay.com, the item took 3 month to reach me and you know what! there isn't anywhere you can see its tracking number being updated after coming to india!
this is what you see when tracking:

6/25/2012 9:06:00 AM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
6/25/2012 10:11:00 AM INDIA KOLKATA FOREIGN LCAO Send item to domestic location (Inb)

so am asking anyone? if you know how to know where your item is and how to get it faster!!
Message 95 of 117
latest reply

kb4kedar
Community Member
Dear All,

you can track your courier on India Post Gov.

go through following steps.

1) Go to http://www.indiapost.gov.in/
2) Then select International Items Tracking ( at down right hand side on website)
3) Enter Tracking number & you can see the status.

http://foreignpostmumbai.blogspot.in/p/customer-care.html

Customer Care Centres of Office of Exchange Mumbai

International Parcels articles with Tracking Numbers
prefixed with CP,CL, RR are dealt by the Office of the

Postmaster General (MM&FP), Foreign Post Office,
Mumbai-400001.Office
Address : Customer Care Section3rd Floor, Foreign Post Office, Videsh Dak Bhavan,Ballard Estate,
Mumbai - 400 001Telephone Number.:+ (91) (22) 22611791, 22653621( Shivaji Godse)
Email : mumbaiforeignpost@gmail.com

Deputy Commissioner of Customs in- charge
Postal Appraising Section at Mumbai Foreign Post Office.Tele/FAX-- 022- 2261 4585, E-Mail pasnchmum@gmail.com

The International Speed Post articles with Tracking Numbers prefixed with EE, EM are dealt by the
Speed Post Centre, Santacruz, Mumbai-400099.Office Address : Speed Post Centre,
Near Santacruz Domestic Airport, Behind Centaur Hotel, Santacruz East,
Mumbai-400099.
Telephone Numbers : 022-26156125, 26156648,26156703
Email :spc.mumbai@indiapost.gov.in

it might help to track your shipment.
Message 96 of 117
latest reply

ravkaur12312
Community Member
Hi.. i have recently bought something via etsy and the usps tracking method online doesnt show anything clearly. This is exactly how it shows:

Depart USPS Sort Facility October 04, 2012 SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
International Letter

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility October 02, 2012, 11:22 pm SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199

Dispatched to Sort Facility October 02, 2012, 6:07 pm LOGAN, UT 84321

Acceptance October 02, 2012, 3:29 pm LOGAN, UT 84321

my sender is very co-operative and has had a word with a representative at the usps office, they say it cannot be traced as its an LC code, and an LC code cannot be traced outside the US region... its 1st Dec 2012..and my sender sent it on 2nd oct. and as yet im awaiting delivery of my goods.. i donno who to contact where to look forward too... i read someones post..they said...they received their goods after 3 months.. what should i do....please help!!!
Message 97 of 117
latest reply

mivr70
Community Member
The are some people who are tax exempted. Means they don't pay taxes. And sometimes post office is ignorant about the fact. So how to inform them beforehand?
Message 98 of 117
latest reply

Hello mivr70,

First of all, let me thank you for posting such a valuable question. It is important to know about this for all the people who sell and buy from international market.

In India, businesses pay taxes in form of VAT, every 3-months. I think, same is applicable to all other countries.

When you purchase from International Market, say from India to your country Malta (as I anticipate from your site of registration), then the seller Exports and you Import.

VAT is deducted from the seller at the time he purchases the goods from his supplier or the manufacturer but the seller will not charge you any VAT on his selling price because Exports are VAT Exempted.

You will pay a tax to your country on Import of the goods because Imports are not VAT exempted.

Now, if you are exempted from VAT in your country due to any reason, then all you need to do is to ask the seller to send you an invoice along with the shipment. You need to provide your VAT Exemption Number to the seller in India (or any country from where you purchase). The seller will put this Tax Exemption Number and the correct Heading of the Tax Exemption* on the Invoice Remarks. In this way, the postal authority will not ask you to pay any tax.

The Remarks on the invoice should mention -

Exempted from VAT / XYZ Tax -
Exemption Number -

I hope, this would help.

Kind Regards,
MB
Message 99 of 117
latest reply

Good to know that this problem seems to be not only mine

But I have just one more doubt????????..will I be asked to pay extra when the item arrives
Message 100 of 117
latest reply