USPS package arriving to india

sanjeevsrinivasan1972
Community Member
I recently purchased a Voip phone worth GBP 26 (around Rs. 2274) from a seller from US from ebay. The seller says the item would usually be shipped in 10-12 days and it was shipped on 27th june,06.
I wanted to know from the users, will this be shipped to the shipping address by the EMS post service in india and the postman will collect any duties applicable himself or do we have to locate the local customs department and run there if this is the case how do we identify our item to the officer there.
Is EMS and USPS work hand in hand as I saw one user mentioning about it that the delivery of the package will be done by the postman.
Please help as I am already over 12 days so that i want to choose a course of action to collect the same.

thanks
Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

arnav_khorana
Community Member
http://foreignpostmumbai.blogspot.com/p/ipswebclient_1246.html

You can track your undelivered ingternational mails here.

The blog has link to IPS web tracking system also .. which can give you better details than USPS site itself.. At least this happened in my case . Am yet to receive material though but now i know the material has actually left US on 17th . Sep 2011.
Message 81 of 117
latest reply

lakshmianilkumar5
Community Member
hi guys
please help me. i live in banglore . i had ordered a yoyo on ebay on 28 august . till today it has not reached india . my tracking number is LN177245299US and from a month it is showing
JAMAICA, NY 11430
2011-08-30 10:56
Processed through Sort Facility
please help . my email adress is karthik15.1997@gmail.com
Message 82 of 117
latest reply

purchaseronline
Community Member
Hi Friends
I purchased a tablet from usa and it was shipped for Thane maharashtra on 6th oct but i see in IPS Tracking that it was recd by Delhi Foreign Post Office on 13th Oct.
I want to ask if my address is Thane Maharashtra then why parcel went to Delhi Foreign Post Office it should have actually come to MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE.
can you advise?
regards
Message 83 of 117
latest reply

rahulsiddumane1990
Community Member
hie ,i recently purchased a rc helicopter from usa and it was shipped on 1st november,since thn there is no update on its shipping it just says still in transit its 7th today been a week ,it was sent by usps express ,it didnt even enter india yet,does it usually take this long??l..can anyone help me on this,any comment appreciated.thankyou
Message 84 of 117
latest reply

mubavoice
Community Member
I recently purchased 108 solar cells with that I was planning to build the solar panel. It was 10K rupees including the shipping charges. It cleared the customs and reached my home. The custom department collected a fee of 4K for customs duty. When I opened the pack I was completely surprised. All cells where fully broken and when I contacted the seller, he blames that the Indian customs for not packed the parcel properly. Indian Customs repacked the parcel with a gunny bag and the post man brought it with the parcel in the bicycle carrier. The stupid Indian customs and postal department dont even know how fragile the cells are.

Guys Never ever buy anything on Ebay Global. This Indian Customs and Postal Department are careless guys and they never care about our product. Even after I had paid the custom duty as high as half of the product price, it was not worth to buy on Ebay Global.

So guys stop buying from Ebay sellers who ships on USPS. This Customs and Postal Departments guys are stupid guys, they will not reach safely over that we need to pay high Customs duty even on products which government had waived duty for importing renewable energy raw materials.
Message 85 of 117
latest reply

naik.sooraj
Community Member
Learn the entire shipping process here:
http://www.mockingweb.com/how-does-customs-clearance-work-in-india/
Message 86 of 117
latest reply

rgirlshostel2011
Community Member
Please help me out i bought a ipohne from USA and shipped using USPS and still i did not got any delivery it was shipped on 12-dec and today is 26-dec 14days from now am relly upset about shipping and got nothing in hand HEll with USPS @@@
Message 87 of 117
latest reply

shade09svm
Community Member
Hello Folks.

LJ632495882US is my tracking number. I have ordered for a used phone from Ebay worth 13,000 rs. 3rd Feb the payment was made. Date expected for delivery was till 21st March 2012. The USPS website does not have any tracking details. The seller confirmed with the USPS and they said it is gone out of US. Neither on EMS there is any tracking detail. I dont know what I should do as there is no data anywhere. Seller said since insurance was not taken i.e. paying extra dollars for instance hence nothing much could be done. Can anyone help me where do I go about it. I am in Mumbai. Please Help. This was the 1st time I did a ebay transaction and have lost faith never to buy online payment shopping from ebay
Message 88 of 117
latest reply

ggopi
Community Member
Hi shade09svm
Either your tracking number is wrong or you may got cheated by your seller. USPS tracking works well. In-fact it will be updated very frequently.
http://www.track-trace.com/post
The above link is very good to track both the local and international shipments.
It dont show you have ordered a phone it shows a "International Letter"
You have to contact to seller, if he don't respond then go and open a ebay case. By this way only you can get the refund back.
By the way I had also ordered a phone and it is in way 🙂
RE818928628US is my tracking number
Message 89 of 117
latest reply

nairrb
Community Member
Hi all:

I brought a Plossl telescope eye piece from Korea through eBay and to my surprise I received an empty package with just the torn cover of the eyepiece inside. There was a letter attached by the Kochi international mail center that they have received the opened package containing only the packing from DIMC New Delhi 37 and the same is being repacked and forwarded to me.

Is there somebody we can trust in India? When postal department does such cheap cheating, who can we rely on for our logistics? Don't they realize that this is someone's hear earned money? Pathetic!
Message 90 of 117
latest reply