OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

madambuttefly
Community Member
I AM VERY DISTURBED BY THE METHOD OF BIDDING ON ITEMS WHICH USUALLY START AT A VERY LOW PRICE.THE TRICK USED IS SUCH.......THE ITEM IS LISTED.THEN LOTS OF GENUINE BUYERS START BIDDING FOR THIS ITEM.AFTER A FEW DAYS SOME 'FAKE BIDDER'COMES IN AND STARTS PUSHING UP THE PRICES OF THE ITEMS.THIS BIDDER HAS NO PURCHASE HISTORY BUT IN MY OPINION IS SOME HOW CONNECTED TO THE SELLER AS THE ID WAS CREATED A FEW DAYS EARLIER OR ON THE SAME DAY AS THE ITEM WAS LISTED.MY OBSERVATION TELLS ME THAT ITS ONLY HAPPENING WITH CERTAIN SELLERS WHO HAVE LISTED ITEMS UNDER DIFFERENT SHOPS.ONE SELLER PROBABLY OWNS A FEW SHOPS AS THE DESCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ALL THE SAME.ITS TOTALLY UNFAIR AS THESE ARE CHEATERS.WHY LIST AN ITEM IF SUCH FOOLISH GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED ON EBAY.ITS RATHER IMMATURE AND SUCH A WASTE OF TIME FOR THE GEBUINE BUYERS.
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

veda2810
Community Member
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!
BEW3ARE OF SANJAY72!!!!!1
GO TO HIS ID AND CHECK OUT GUYS!!!
THE ONLY 4 MEMBERS WHO HAVE SENT +VE FEEDBACKS
HAVE ALL JOINED E-BAY ON THE 11TH OF JUNE !!!!
I WON AN ITEM FROM THIS GUY AND HE DID NOT CONTACTED ME!!
HE KEPT SAYIN PAY BY PAISA PAY!!
HE DOES NOT GIVE HIS CONTACT DETAILS!!
THE FEEDBACKS HAVE BEEN ON THE AME DAY WHEN THE BIDDING ENDED!!!
DO NOT TRUST!!!
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

dealz.4u
Community Member
hello,
this is to reply for nbc_international
if a buyer has purchased anything from you and has invalid address or even if the address is genuine and the phone number is incorrect please email ebay at the very same money and tell them about this.

i get many many buyers with such issues.
and to be very frank ebay does reply to all my queries within a day ..
except on sat/sundays.

another way of getting very genuine buyer would be,
set your buyer requirements.

you get this option of do not allow buyer to bid/buy if he has not gone through sms verification process.
i hope you know what that is..
have a nice time on selling on ebay...

if u do need any help get back.
bye
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

n3wc4stle_f4n
Community Member
Im sick of bs bidders. Those pricks are costin me money. I am an honest guy trying to sell my PSP and constantly fake bidders bid on it, and it costs me money. Why do they do this to me, they get nothing out of it. Its a pain in the ass, i wanna beat the shit out of them
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

moon8037
Community Member
Hi everyone !!
this is the only topic I felt has both seller and buyer,on their toes
me being a seller have faced this havoc every day.
but now I have made a way out of this
after the bidding ends and the auction is over I check the info given by the buyer or the winning bidder and try to call him/her
if he/she is fraud or says that he purchased in error blah blah ... I just leave him a -ve
this is the ONLY way to throw those newly registered IDs out of this place
as a seller lets try and throw this crap out and make eBay a right place to bid and get your items
if you see any new/Re 1 auction there are more than 25-35 new bidders placing bids in less than 2 hrs time is more than the real value just cancel the bid to get real genuine bidders
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

naved.sayed
Community Member
Hello moon8037 !

You are correct, that we must leave a negative rating for the fraud buyers.
This will create eBay an excellent market place.

But what if the buyer leaves a negative feedback for us in turn ?
We sellers know that we are here to not to have fun or bluff around.
This will be a hindrance to our reputation and sales on eBay.

Have you thought about this ?
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

OBSERVING 'FAKE BIDDERS'

smilingbudha
Community Member
Please tell me. How can I put link(s) of E bay affiliate programm (E bay items or sites ) in my article(s) on different topics ?
Message 16 of 16
latest reply