Jewellery

rammionline
Community Member
Hi Users,
This is the first topic that I m going to post.
I would like to know the shipping companies shipping real jewellery outside India. Also I came to know that shipping of real jewellery is banned. The question arises," Will it be safe to ship via SPEED POST?"

Bye

Raman
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Jewellery

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I have sent jewelleries by Spped Post to EU locations and those reached properly. I have heard that sometimes the deliveries to some portions of Italy get delayed. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

rammionline
Community Member
Hi Swarup,

What abt. ban?

I have listened that we can't ship jewellery outside India as it is prohobhited.

With Regards,
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

kathiesklown1970
Community Member
For Italy, here are the restrictions for jewelry:

Articles of platinum or gold; jewelry; and other valuable articles unless sent as insured packages.

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immicl/immiclhk_012.html

Here are the results for all the countries that either ban jewelry or you need to ship it a certain way.

http://pe.usps.com/search/jsp/search/advSearch.jsp?ResultStart=1&serverSpec=56.0.145.56%3A9920&LastQuery=&SortSpec=Score+desc&Action=FilterSearch&QueryText=jewelry&image.x=24&image.y=10&Coll=PE_IMM_HTML_5

Sorry it's a US site, I don't know your postal service web address or if they list the restrictions. :) .
Kath V35
Kathie
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

kathiesklown1970
Community Member
Sorry I stretched the board with my link! .
Kath V35
Kathie
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

India's one of the biggest export is cut diamond export. Raw / Uncut diamond is imported and mounted / unmounted diamonds and jewelleries are exported. The volume of this export is several thousand crores. The Govt. also has many promotional schemes. So the ban , if any , must have limitations.

I think its best to contact your nearest Directorate General of Foreign Trade. Anyway you are likely to need an IEC from them to export anything as per Govt. norms. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

Check the following link about Indian cut diamond export.
http://www.hrd.be/index.php?id=556 .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Jewellery

satyamdiamonds
Community Member
Hi there,
I would also like to know if you can provide with domestic courier companies which take jewellery parcels for shipping.I have approached few and they refused since sending gold or jewellery thoriugh courier is banned.I want to start selling but without a reliable shipper,Me & my customer will always be tense till the item reach the buyer.Please let me know.
Thanks,
Siddharth.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply