cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ICICI/ Any other Bank Debit Cards Usable On Paypal??? Please Help

kwokfist
Community Member
Hello,

Can someone please tell me if icici bank debit cards or any other bank's (please mention the name) debit cards are usuable on paypal or any other internation websites. I need to send some money. And i'm planning to open a icici bank account for the same. Also it is required to buy/sell items here at ebay. But for the time being paypal is what that matters.

All replies and suggestions are welcome. And thanks in advance for the same.

Regards,
kwokfist.
Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Hello,
Some of the most acclaimed members have outrightly rejected the idea that a "DEBIT CARD CAN BE USED TO LIFT THE PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL LIMIT AND GET VERIFIED".
I dont have a Credit Card but ultimately I came to verify my PayPal account 2 months back.

You can, as an Indian, verify your PayPal account using your VISA Debit Card from a Bank that has the facility of generating Virtual Credit Cards (like HDFC bank's NetSafe Cards) for online shopping.
The procedure is like this:
1. Generate a new Virtual Credit Card (INR 100 would do).
2. Enter the Credit Card details in the "Add a Credit Card" option of your PayPal account.
3. Login to your Virtual Credit Card service (like Netsafe Login for HDFC users).
4. Check for Transaction (Txn) Details tab.
5. The card you added to your PayPal account will show the details something like PAYPAL*EXPUSE1234, where 1234 denotes the 4-digit number you have to enter in your PayPal account (called the Expanded Use number).

Once you have done all this, your payPal account will be verified and you shall be allowed to send and receive limitless amounts using PayPal.

I would like to mention that 'Verified' members of PayPal can withdraw funds by requesting a cheque(at least US$ 150) as and when they want. Delays in receiving payments in your PayPal account are NON-EXISTENT, thank God. PaisaPay can take weeks to clear Credit Card payments. PayPal tells you if a member is verified (which helps a lot in determining if the buyer is genuine!) or not.
Credit Card verification is also possible for people who can generate Virtual Credit Cards (in case they dont have a physical one) through NetBanking and then by entering the 'Expanded Use Number' which is available in the online statement for that Card.
PayPal payments can be withdrawn using cheque (US$ 5.0 per withdrawal) or using the third-party service at www.xoom.com (8 to 15 dollars for upto US$ 1000). Funds transferred using xoom.com can be deposited directly in your account in any of the 50 supported BANKS in India.
Please keep a copy of your address proof (same as in your xoom.com account) and ID proof handy; XOOM.com may ask you to email the same in case they wish to verify.
Message 21 of 40
latest reply

asia.mall
Community Member
well none of the debit card issued by any bank of india will work with paypal,
i have tested each and every debit card as i am having more than 7 national and international bank account,

now for this purpose i have found a solution for all the ebay users,
just check my item number 280139524527
this service is tested and works very well with all the online shopping and verification,
hope this also works for u.
regards
Renu
Message 22 of 40
latest reply

whitehouse24in
Community Member
HI, HELLO
I HAVE SOME PROBLEM I HAVE APAYPAL ACCOUNT I HAVE SOME FUND IN PAYPAL . I NEED TO TRANSFER THE FUND FROM XOOM. MY FRND USING XOOM BOTH SENDER AND RECEIVER HAVE SAME ADDRESS INDIA.THE XOOM WORKING FINE DO IT GET ANY RBI PROBLEM
REPLY ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
WHITEHOUSE24IN
Message 23 of 40
latest reply

indolent.leon
Community Member
does ne know.....that ebay india accepts paypal payment or not????

can v pay thru paypal.....in ebay india???
&
is ther ne VCC(virtual credit card ) service in UTI BANK(AXIS BANK)
plzzz reply....via msg to me
Message 24 of 40
latest reply

henyemba
Community Member
Are Debit cards issued by barclays bank Uganda work,Some one pls help
Message 25 of 40
latest reply

darwinz_mail
Community Member
can axis bank debit cards usable in ebay or paypal please reply me any one.....
Message 26 of 40
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
I heard ICICI debit cards can be used (Applyign CVV code as 000), can anyone verify?

Yes HDFC Netsafe is something that always works with PayPal. Its 100% safe

TechiE
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

bugzzz8462
Community Member
i bid on ebay.com but it says that register ur debit card
i have state bank of india maestro card but it is not registering so how can i buy from ebay.com
Message 28 of 40
latest reply

mustafa.khandwala
Community Member
In general, all VISA powered cards are allowed with paypal. The only problem is getting them verified. Some cards get verified like the actual physical cards, but sometomes u got to create virtual cards (if u r using HDFC bank). Indeed this is a very good thing from HDFC! I tried it and got my money transfered from PayPal into HDFC card (the virtual card), then this got mapped to my actual debit card that was used to generate that virtual card. So eventually, funds got directed to my HDFC bank a/c. The catch is, i got charged 5$ for the same! coz paypal doesnt know if it is a debit card or a credit card! They have different chges for each type of card, very frustrating and confusing.

Another way of transfering funds form paypal is to use remit2india service. Its easy and hassle free. they charge a fee of 7% of the total amount (if u specify an indian bank a/c) and 3% Additional if u specify a credit card (visa or mastercard).

These are the only methods that i know. Ur money will always be safe with paypal! Dont worry..

Regards
Mustafa
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

pcgamearena
Community Member
hello everyone

let me tell u that indian DEBIT CARDS(of any bank) are not valid in paypal.

but all CREDIT CARDS available in india are valid.

if u have debit card than u can use virtual cards like netsafe of HDFC bank. all major banks offer virtual card creation.
Message 30 of 40
latest reply