HELP! I Have been defrauded!

drstrao
Community Member
As per won bid, I had sent a cheque to a seller on E-bay last month. It was account-payee, & my account has been debited. However, he has not sent me the product. He does not reply to mails & phone calls. His seller registration has meanwhile been withdrawn from E-bay. I have submitted details at the Purchase Protection page. What more can I do to get back my money from the seller / e-Bay?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello drstrao ,

Here's Step-by-Step Guide to Buyer Protection

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

Just follow all the steps within the stipulated time.
If you miss on time you will never recover your money.

If you follow it properly .....you will get your hard earned money back.

For any clarification you may write back....and someone from Community would be there to help you.

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi Dr. Rao,

Its best to follow the suggestion of our good friend Umang (indconcepts). It seems you may have already initiated the process. You will definitely hear from eBay regarding this.

Kindly post here the Account details of teknix4 so that the community members can warn others incase the seller start selling with a different ID with the intent of fraud.

I have seen similar complain on teknix4 on this board earlier. I seems they are misusing the good name of teknix_in1. Its a pity that you had to pay by Cheque and could not opt for PaisaPay payment by credit / debit card. Amount paid upto Rs.50000 are fully insured if paid by credit/debit card thru PaisaPay. But in your case you are likely to get back only Rs.9950 as the Rs.16500 has been paid by cheque.

In the unlikely event of not getting any response from eBay , please post another message here and there are many friendly Community members like Umang who will rightly guide you.

Hope your next transaction will be a satisfying one and you will make up this loss. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

drstrao
Community Member
Dear Umesh,

Thx a lot for your helpful prompt reply to my thread. During this week, I have had a mail from the seller that he had sent me the item by speedpost 2 weeks ago (probably a lie, as he is not replying when I asked him tracking details.)

From Ebay too, I am not getting much of a response except for some general message about how they are trying to help etc. etc.

I am really angry now; am getting account debit details from my bank & all. I will not let this go lightly but need advice.

What do you suggest I do next?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello drstrao,

If you feel you have enough communication with the Seller and don't want to wait any more than you may file an INR dispute. ( Item not received dispute).

You can find the details on how to file a dispute by following this link.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

For any other help you may write back.

regards

Umang Midha .

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 5 of 5
latest reply