cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying New Computer - Your Suggestions Please ?

menazar27
Community Member
Greetings,

I am willing to buy a new computer with the following configurations, I invite the experts for their comments and suggestions:

Also If possible then please give me the price idea in the current market for the below components:

Processor - Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz 4MB Cache 1066 - Price?
MotherBoard - No idea, Please suggest few good one - Price?
Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200RPM Internal HD - Price?
Liteon LH-20A1P 20X Dual Layer DVD Writer - Price?
Kingston RAM 1 GB DDR2 667 240 Pin - Price?

Do you think this would be a good configuration. Please give your comments. Any suggestions on components is most welcome. Also if possible please suggest me the best seller to buy from ?

Would appreciate your help. Please help me ?

Nasim
Ahmedabad
nasim@globalgids.com
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Whether any given configuration is good or not depends on the buyer's budget and the intended use. For example -

For regular use in video editing, a fast processor and a huge hard disk capacity are vital.

For serious gaming, buying the best graphics card you can afford comes first, and the processor second. Without a good graphics card, even a C2D E6800 will be no good for gaming.

A large amount of RAM is desireable in both cases.

If all you're going to do is word processing, browsing the net, playing music and so on, then a very fast processor is unnecessarily expensive. Any modern processor is good enough for such tasks.

Motherboard : Again it depends on your needs. Are you going to put in several PCI cards ? Is it going to be part of a fast (Gigabit) network ? Do you need wi-fi ? Firewire ?

A good power supply (SMPS) is also important.

I'm not trying to confuse you. But there are many factors to consider when choosing a configuration.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello Menazar!

The PC which you intend on buying will indeed be a very good choice! As Pimpom said earlier, there are plenty of factors to consider because if you get any mismatched component, it will be a bottleneck for intensive applications. 😮

Since you a looking for a High-end PC, price should be of no-concern to you, since it may rise upto 40Ks depending on peripherals you choose! Or you can opt for high-end vital components and upgrade others (audio/display/ps/opt-drv...) later 😉

For your info, the prices are approx :
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz 4MB Cache 1066 - Rs.13000
MotherBoard - Intel 965G,965W or 975XBX - Rs.8500
Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200RPM Internal HD - Rs.3400
Liteon LH-20A1P 20X Dual Layer DVD Writer - Rs.1750
Kingston RAM 1 GB DDR2 667 240 Pin - Rs.3500

My suggestion will be, to go for an E6300 with 1GB DDR2-800 along with an ASUS P5N-E/ GIGABYTE-965P board. Save the money for a Geforce 7300GT or 8500GT card (Rs.5500)! Add a 500W Frontech SMPS (Rs.600) with a 15" TFT(Rs.6000). It would suit all your needs and even save a bit for future upgrades! :^O

Do let me know what you ultimately decided to buy,
Happy Shopping! 😄
digital_das
Message 3 of 3
latest reply