cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BUYING INTERNATIONALLY AND STUCK UP WITH CUSTOMS

mnkks360
Community Member
I have some experiences which are of different types. I purchased one used mobile P800 of Sony Ericsson from UK for 60 pounds including shipping. I received it in Delhi through our local postman. It was a great excitement for me to receive that and that too in excellent condition with all original accessories. Second I won one used discman of Sony for $45 from USA that also delivered by the same man at my doorstep. But third I won one used digital camera Sony 3.2 mega pixol for $135 from USA and that same postman came to deliver that camera but with a customs slip of Rs.8,035 which was a great shock to me. I contacted Foreign Deptt. of Post Office situated at Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, there I got another big shock when I met Assistant Commissioner, (Customs) Foreign Deptt. Post office that our forein policy do not permit to import used electronics items. If you buy any used item you will be panelised with 120% of the cost of the item. They calculate the cost at their own taking the help of internet. They are not going to listen to you. I told them that a digital camera with 3.2 mega pixol is available for Rs.6000 (new) but they are not going to listen my problem. Next shocking thing was they inform me that if you will not take delivery of that item, their department will charge the custom duty with the help of law. We are not going to escape anywhere. I was planning to purchase some more items of my interest but now I cannot dare to buy anything from outside India. If any one can help me in this please come forward. I will feel obliged.

Another enxiety was that why my two earlier items were delivered without any custom duty. Can I now buy anything used electronic item, which is my hobby, without paying custom duty.

I want to sell some used items internationally, is that possible, and if yes how do I ship those like electronic items. How do i get payment from outside.
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0