cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how can i receive international payments easily??

rushforrush
Community Member
can any tell me if i can receive international payment through DD or not........will my bank accept it.....i m totally confused.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

rushforrush
Community Member
yeah it's little confusing.......perhaps u can contact and query bank officials..
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

anmol_kreations
Community Member
Dear EBAY INDIA USER,

Well you can definitely recieve payments from the international Customers, buying from you on EBAY INDIA. Since we are first talking about direct consumers, buying for their personal use, and hence they would pay thru their Credit Card. So, you can sign up with PaisaPay, on EBAY INDIA and accept payments, RELATIVELY EASILY. This is the first level of Selling international. Although there are other modes as wel like recieving and OFFLINE payment : Like a Business / Personal Cheque, or a Bank Draft etc...These are acceptable, but it they are in USD dolar, then the bank needs to send them back to their issuing branch and then get the funds cleared in to your account. Taking some commission as well as around 15 - 30 days. Depending upon Banks. There is another CONVENIENT mode of payment called the BANK SWIFT CODE PAYMENT. For more details you should contact your Bank. Thanx

The Cyberwiz
Tarun

Anmol Kreations
Anmol Sparkys
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

vj999
Community Member
I would recommend you to use Moneybookers , an online payment service - alternative to PayPal.It works great !
Click on the link below to go to Moneybookers and signup!
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=126117
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

kronenkorken
Community Member
Hi!

I can help with receive money via bank reansfers.
I have Moneybookers and Paypal
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

deltamarketing_in1
Community Member
Hi! You can easily accept Foreign Currency payments by Cheque, DD or Money Orders. The same can be deposited in you Bank Account and will be credited in 3-4 weeks time in Indian Rupees at the prevelant rate of exchange. The collection charges are high though and vary from bank to bank - a leading Bank charges Rs. 275 per cheque/DD/MO. Cheers!
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

englishteacafe
Community Member
Hi rushforrush

I see your query. And totally understand your confusion.
I can also see the replies you got are not of much help. Here are few points, i hope they help you.

Firstly, it matters a lot that of what country you are expecting the payment from. As people mentioned you above of PayPal and Moneybookers - Well they are very good companies but no good for India. Paypal only supports USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, and China. So paypal is no good if you hold bank account in India only and in none of the above countries.

Moneybookers do have many more countries. But again to get payment from far western countries such as UK, USA, Canada, Europe etc you canโ€™t rely on moneybookers as eventually they will say that we accept only DD to send to India and other western countries.

PaisaPay is no good either. As paisapay only lets register customers who show their indian address, if the address is of out of india it says you are not allowed to register. Paisapay is very efficient for pay in india itself or in indian currency only but no good for foreign payments or foreign money receipt.

Since I reside abroad and have done many financial transfers overseas, i can tell you that India has not got all the technological advancements has one can expect.

Do you hold account in ICICI bank of india? they have collaboration with Lloyds TSB bank in UK, not sure about other countries but you can always ask ICICI staff.

But trust me even the ICICI stuff is not easy and you wont get many customers who will be using that facility. The only option for you currently is DD, Cheques or bank transfers which involves good amount of handling fees (depending on amount).

Try this website โ€“ www.remit2india.com they do quiet a few money transfers but has handling charge. They use same method called Bank Swift code. But this service is no good if the amount is too small.

hope above info helps
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

danta2016
Community Member
Hello,
My thoughts on payment processors.

Paypal- You can accept only a maximum of 2000$. So if you have a big business and deal with lots of money, it is no good because once the total incoming in your account reaches 2000$, it will stop. Also the money is transferred to you as cheque which takes some time to reach you.
Moneybookers- Money transferred as cheque, long waiting period , not good for small amounts. there is a processing fee too for Indian users.
ICICI and remit2india- they are really good services,small fee but ebay advises not to use instant payment processors, so I do not think international buyers will want to use it.
Cheques and DDs can be cashed , but the buyer has to ship it to you and it takes 15-20 days to clear and there are huge charges. I do not think a buyer will want to wait 1 month before his merchendise is shipped. But if you take a risk and send merchandise before you cash the cheque , there are chances the cheque will bounce.

Bank to bank transfers also takes a long time since it is routed through a subsidary bank in buyer's country and buyer has to go physically to his bank and fill in a form which is complicated so that the money is routed from subsidary bank to your bank and inturn to your account.

It is a no win situation without a fully enabled paypal for India.
Regards
Dan
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

discount-shop-007
Community Member
To start accepting credit card payments, you can signup with www.ccavenue.com Then you can accept payment from customers in any part of the world.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi,

The most easy way for Indians is to choose the PaisaPay payment option while listing an item.

I have been selling my items to International customers for months now, without even a Paypal account, and receive the money through Paisapay for those who pay by Credit Card. Others often send Western-Union payments.

Hope this helps!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply