Shipping from the USA to India questions

if_looks_could_kill
Community Member
Hello All,

Id like to sell some items on Ebay India from the USA where I live.

The items would sell for about $45 USD and are considered a toy or novelty item but Im not sure about the shipping and customs for my buyers.

I ship USPS first class and are very familiar with filling out customs forms.. Will there be any problems for my buyers with customs duty or taxes.. Do you need an import license?

I dont want anyone to have a bad experience with buying from me! I would mark all the items as a gift on the forms and value at $25 USD

Also I only take Paypal- is that a problem on Ebay India?

Thanks for any help

James
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

dsparklezz
Community Member
Customs can charge duties even its marked as gift.Sometimes there may not be any duties also.Buyers dont need an import licence if the items are for their personal use.

Thanks
Laya.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

if_looks_could_kill
Community Member
Do you want how much they would charge based on the value above?

Also how long does it take usually to be delivered once it clears customs?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi,
Post offices are same everywhere.In US you got to collect your regd mails.In India they deliver at home.If you write 24.99 dollars,the chance is that no excise will be levied and to be cleared soon.But you cant tell for sure.
Indiapost is efficient and honest except probably in Bihar,the Laloo country.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

wiedersehenabid
Community Member
Hi James. I had a little experience about this what we call Post Offices India. So, I would say,"TERRIBLE". Lemme put it this way, I got an empty box right from Texas USPS to India. It got stolen in India. I tried my best to find out,what the hell just happened and in reply I just came to know that Post Offices in India have no respect and dignity. They are thieves and many more.Thanks to PayPal, I got my money back. Now whenever I order, I only go for Fed-ex. The only best courier service for India. Rest is garbage.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply