cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shipping Issues to India. Item not received. Been almost a month.

nc_showcase
Community Member
I shipped a package to India using PayPal shipping and Internation Priority USPS shipping. It has almost been a month and still not received. I check tracking everyday. Back around the 12th of Sep, it said it had cleared customs. It stuck on that for almost two weeks and then on the 25th, it said the same thing, but the date had changed to 9/25, so I just thought the customs thing was going slow. Then on the 29th, it went to status of "into foreign customs" and now says it is being processed by customs. Below is the actual details from USPS site.

Into Foreign Customs, September 29, 2008, 3:00 pm, INDIA
Out of Foreign Customs, September 25, 2008, 4:53 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, September 25, 2008, 3:43 pm, INDIA
Out of Foreign Customs, September 12, 2008, 4:43 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, September 12, 2008, 4:03 pm, INDIA
International Dispatch, September 07, 2008, 1:09 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 03, 2008

Has anyone had this same issue and is there anyway that my receiver can contact anyone ? I found one posting with a Superintendent of Customs number and I provided that to my customer. Is there anything else I can do ? I opened investigation with USPS and I have tried calling India several times, but just rings and rings and then hangs up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. This has put a $2300 hold on my paypal account and is drastically affecting my business.

Thanks,
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

biswaranjanmishra
Community Member
Please don't ever sell/ship to India. A bunch of crooks are sitting here in India customs. They will steal the goods if it looks useful/interesting to them.
Regarding post office: A bunch of idiots are working there, will never pick up the call. I was never able to reach them over phone.

Solution: Please use UPS, FedEx or other international parcel services, at least tracking services provided by them are much better than USPS/India Post combination. Though it might not be cheap, but surely more reliable.
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

There may have been problems with the sales tax. Better to contact the couriers and find out about the delay. In case, it's due to sales tax, the ideal method is to get a document showing that the item is intended for personal use and not for commercial purposes and exempt from sales tax (that is if all the above is true).
Send the copy of the document to the company and the item will be shipped promptly. Ideally this document is to be submitted by the buyer.
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

spilania
Community Member
I have a package that has been stuck in customs for over a week. I shipped it on August 26th and it is still stuck in there. Please contact me if any one is willing to track the package and get the contents delivered to the right address.

Tracking number: CP25 8593 311US

Intended destination: Dehradun
Should be stuck in the Delhi FPO. Is there a number I can call ?
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Hi everyone,

how will i get detailed trcking of the item send on the
18th of deptember from califormia to delhi via usps
tracking no - LJ522109136US
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

old_hub
Community Member
Can i ship coins to korea from india via registerd airmail service provided by indian postal department
Message 15 of 38
latest reply

Friends!
I am planning to purchase some items from Ebay US via USPS, So what documents will be needed for custom clearance and quick delivery. Any seller from US here who is experienced in shipping to india.
Regards:
Karan
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

r_balaji_79
Community Member
I ordered an used iphone from US. It left US on 5th Jan and not yet received it till 10th Jan. When will i receive my item. If not custom will contact me? Can i contact custom myself if yes what is the contact number and address in Chennai. How much should i pay for customs if it got stuck? Is it most of the times custom will check my product ? because i ordered previously one iphone i received it in 8 days no customs. Please help with my queries....
Message 17 of 38
latest reply

buyerrajiv
Community Member
i purchased and item on 30th jan its the 4th of march and i have not received the item as yet it says reached indian customs but no news of the item and therefore very true the customs here is sad and have no knowledge about the law they steal items which are useful and the seller has to use some other courier service
i ordered a rotor and got delivered within 3days that was freaking fast the item reached safe and reached quicker than i expected usps is very good for the US and its a great service but here the postal service is bad and very irresponsible
they are careless so please next time when the seller is shipping please opt for fedex ups or some other courier service.
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

sridhar.chennai
Community Member
Hi All,

I have bought an Macbook and paid through paypal. so far so good.
Then the seller has shipped my item through USPS(Priority mail) to india .

I am very newbie to all this, but I was in a hope that I will get my parcel .

When I track the label number through USPS tracking, it says as follows :
=============================================

Your item cleared customs in INDIA at 12:20 PM on February 25, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, February 25, 2010, 12:20 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, February 25, 2010, 11:55 am, INDIA
International Dispatch, February 22, 2010, 8:23 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
Arrival
Acceptance, February 19, 2010, 12:09 pm, ROCKVILLE, MD 20850

=============================================

Then one day post man came to my door address and asked me to get my parcel from the post office . Woh, it worked and I got my parcel as it is .

ok, I realized that there are no clear information to the buyers in india, how the parcel is received: atleast I wanted to give some help :

1) Parcel is sent through USPS priority mail with shipping charge of 115$ .
2) It was marked as gift and one more mark to sent through 'Airmail' .
3) Then there is a indian customs clearance happened at Mumbai I think .
4) Then the parcel is sent through postal service to the destination state post office .
5) Finally post man comes to your door and asks you to pay customs charge of 4000 RS. You receive you parcel which is opened at customs checking, but again tightened with a rope .

-> It took nearly ten days for the parcel to reach me in chennai from US.
-> My macbook price is 600$
-> Customs charge is 4000RS - post man asked for it.

Useful sites :
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do
http://www.consumercomplaints.in/new_complaint/
http://www.cbec.gov.in/cae1-english.htm
http://www.chennaicustoms.gov.in/index.asp
chennai customs mail id : cccus.chennai@icegate.gov.in

If you still have doubts and contact me at sridhar.mcachennai@gmail.com.
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

Ultimately you gained nothing by buying a Mac book from USA. You could have bought it at the same price from India.
Message 20 of 38
latest reply