REDUCE INTERNATIONAL LISTING FEES

INTERNATIONAL SELLING: EBay.in is quiet new and it will take some time to be known to world community. The listing fee of Rs 15/Rs.30 is quiet high and impractical. If a seller list about 200 items and choose international listing, he will have to cough up Rs 3000/- WEEKLY. And there is every possibility that he will not earn that amount extra. I PROPOSE, after considering practical aspect, EBay.in should charge Re. 1/- for all international listing. I hope all sellers will list their all products worldwide. As a result both Ebay and sellers will be benefitted.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sitare_jewels

Thanks for your suggestions. You must be knowing that we do not charge insertion fee for listings, whereas there is an insertion fee in most of the other ebay sites. When you select to ship Internationally in the 'Sell your Item' form, your listing starts appearing on these eBay sites also.

We have also seen that listings which have International Listing fee are selling better.

While it is good to offer all your products internationally and improve your chances of selling to both dometic and internationaly buyers, it would be better if you form a basket of products out of your total range which have more international potential and offer International shipping on these.

Some seller who are focussing only on International sales have infact started listing directly on www.ebay.com.

Regards
Amarjit

Thanks
Amar
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

artifects_international
Community Member
Well If I list on international sites what will be my listing fees... I am confued
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

pahitole
Community Member
Another idea.... how about charging sellers international listing fees ONLY IF the item sells?!! Then multiple listings, if unsuccessful wouldn't hurt that much.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

grabyourdeals10
Community Member
eBay should calculate the fees correctly before submitting 'revise' listing. It charged me INR 360 (INR 90 per listing) for 4 listing. This is WRONG and UNFAIR.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Yes, please reduce the international listing fee. Its too much.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Neither eBay.in is promoting its sellers to sell internationally on the contrary eBay.com sellers are promoted on wholesale in Global Easy Buy, for southeast Asia Section for countries like SAARC countries india is one of the prolific export hubs, thus if eBay india managers are reading this, Please try and lessen the international listing fees.

And help in promoting your sellers, in the local Saarc countries , as they can do good in these countries, and new verticals will be available for expansion for eBay India and also the sellers.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

craftonaut
Community Member
@amarjit

When i list directly on ebay.com is the fees there based on my store subscription level here on ebay.in? And do the items listed there appear with my ebay.in store's custom theme?

Thanks,
PC
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi craftonaut,

You made a very old dormant thread alive!

When you list on ebay.com, you pay USD 0.50/- per listing irrespective of your store level on eBay India. However, if you open a Basic store on eBay.com, then you will be charged a listing fee of USD 0.20/- per listing.

To open a store in eBay.com you must have an international CC and your store on any other eBay site will have to be closed first. When you close your existing store to susbscribe a new store, all your active Fixed Price listings will be ended automatically.

I trust I have answered your query.

Kind Regards,
MB
Message 9 of 9
latest reply