International Selling FAQs

Hi Friends,

I will try to answer your queries related to International Selling through this thread.

I request all other senior eBay sellers engaged international trade to share their knowledge through this thread.

By sharing experience and knowledge, we can only gain by creating a larger market.

Kind Regards,

Mustufa Baldiwala

Please do not send me any personal message through eBay messages. I will try to answer all your queries through this thread only. Personal messages will be ignored.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: International Selling FAQs

Thanks a ton mustufa for your prompt reply.   Points breaked up  nicely.

Message 41 of 54
latest reply

I am selling Henna & Indigo Powder on Ebay.com, I am having issue with customs when I send the package through India Post, as they are asking me to submit plant and quarantine Certificate and Wildlife Certificate each time I send a package.. Can you please help me out on this.

Thanks

Marshal

Message 42 of 54
latest reply

Hi Guys,
I am also interested in selling through ebay US. I have gone through few basic tutorials related to selling. But still I have few queries, if some one can help me that would be great :
1. I read that we get 100 free listing per month, but when I try to create a listing it is showing me 0.6 $ fee for the same ? What am I missing for getting the first 100 listing ? ( I am trying to sell artificial jewellery through it, so does it have to do with the charge ??)
2. I am based in Bangalore, So any courier partner is there, whom I can contact for better deal and reliable service ?
3. Can anyone share ebay representative contact number, so that I can take help from them for initial setup ?
Regards
Rahul

Message 43 of 54
latest reply

bjdemand
Community Member

Hi I want list the items on www.ebay.com but i am unable to list i upload the docs and business plan but yet i am unable to list items.reply me what is the  procedure

thanks

Message 44 of 54
latest reply

bjdemand
Community Member

Hi i want list on www.ebay.com  document and business plan sent but no one reply and unable to list items on www.ebay.com

provide me the solution.

Thanks

Message 45 of 54
latest reply

Dear sir,

I am already selling in domestic market and now I want to start selling internationally. Please advise the best modes of shipping to International market.

best regards,

ASGHAR ALI

NUSHUMOBILES2014

Message 46 of 54
latest reply

Dear Mustufa,

Hope you are doing fine.

Are you still using Registered sample packet for dispatching your item.  Is there any news that India postal dept has stopped acepting parcels under sample packet.

Please clarify ?

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

Exchange Rate discrepancy between paypal and eBay.

We are getting paid by PayPal @ ex rate of 59.77 but am getting charged eBay fees @ Rs. 62. We loose out on both sides. Does everyone have the same experience?

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

Yes. PayPal always pays a lower rate while eBay charges at the market rate. Please adjust your selling price accordingly. Always calculate dollar price as per PayPal while calculating inward and as per eBay while calculating expenses...

@demirajewels wrote:

Exchange Rate discrepancy between paypal and eBay.

@We are getting paid by PayPal @ ex rate of 59.77 but am getting charged eBay fees @ Rs. 62. We loose out on both sides. Does everyone have the same experience?

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

Hi AsgharAli,

If you are selling valuable items like watches, jewelry etc, then you should opt for eBay's shipping services - tie ups with several reputed courier like DHL.

If your items are low value (below 100 dollars), then IndiaPost will suit you.

Regards,

Mustufa

Message 50 of 54
latest reply