CUSTOM PROBLEM PLEASE HELP URGENT !

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Hey,
Can anyone help me out in clearing custom problem in fedex? I am in deep trouble right now and need some serious help from guys .

Product : 5 Nokia 8800 Gold edition
Paid : $2259
Custom Declared : $600
Details : Defective mobiles

Problem in details :

Custom has detain my parcel and its there with them since last 4-5 days.They had opened the parcel and found that it was new brand and as per their saying 1 handset is 600$ not all of $600 as declared.( Actualy price is arond $400 )
Fedex contacted me for the same and asked me for these details in their mail

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We are authorized clearing agent for FedEx Express , India . We refer to the Courier Import shipment received for your good self, under FedEx AWB No 798448837930. The shipment has been detained by Delhi Customs for adjudication.

The value declared by shipper is USD 600.00, customs have found internet value USD 628.99 per pc / total value USD 3143.30. Hence the shipment will attract penalty apart form duties & taxes for this misdeclaration.

We require the following documents for clearance:

1) Manufacturer’s pricelist or the internet value

2) A letter addressed to the Deputy Commissioner of customs, New Delhi , stating the following:

(a) The reason for importing the shipment and where it will be used

(b) You are ready to bear the duties and taxes

(c) You are ready to bear the fines and penalties (due to old & used items) and you do not want any show cause notice or personal hearing.

3) Letter authorizing FedEx as authorized broker

Attaching herewith documents for your reference.

Please provide us the following documents by fax on fax number 011-2560 0644 or e-mail in order to help us process the shipment for clearance with the customs.

Kindly note if the shipment is not cleared within 3 days, following warehousing charges would be applicable:

1-3 Days: No Charges

4th -15th Day Rs. 40.00 (Per Day)

16th -30th Day Rs. 60.00 (Per Day)

30 & above Rs. 75.00 (Per Day)

Please note that according to the provisions under Regulation 5(5) of Courier Import and Export (Clearance) Regulation, 1998 as amended vide Customs Notification No. 54/99, the shipments may be surrendered to the customs for disposal, if not cleared within 30 days of arrival.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now,I had sent these required documents to them,its been 2 days since there was no update in these,i tried calling the representive (Name disclosed) who is handling my custom issue,but she/he didn't reply of my phones,nor update me via email.

Then I wrote a rude email for proper action etc,then I got call on saturday (today) evening and

they said ( fedex) that your clarification & documents has been submitted to custom officer for clearence 2 days back (around on 4-5 june)

Its clear that fedex people are just passing time by saying this all lies,

All over I need some one who can help in this clearing my customs at whatever charges ..fines for wrong declaration etc.
Please comeforward and help 😞

Helpless,
Bijay Agarwal
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello,

Importing is not everyone's cup of tea.

One should think hundred time before importing and 1000 times before declaring wrong value and further 10000 times misdeclaration of goods.

Now having said the above since the goods are already imported and lying with customs and Fedex are your borkers, you need not worry.

Actually the import duty on mobiles is very less only 5%, you should never have mis declared in the first instance.

The best option would be to let Fedex manage the clearance.

Don't worry if you are ready to pay the import duty and penalties if any, it can be cleared in a day.

Just instruct the same to Fedex.

RelaxKaro, I think that was ur earlier id.

And in future do not disdeclare vlaue of your goods, it is a serious offence and can land you in jail. Thank you stars it is only 5 pcs of mobiles and not 50 or 500 otherwise you would ahve been in serious trouble.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Dear,

veedeedirect is correct , its not joke to import .

Without proper paper work , without IEC code , without proper law knowledge there is always trouble.

fedex has good clearing agents for clearance . contact them they will clear the same.

Keep in your mind that they will charge as per mfg Value , also they will charge penalty.

Pay them & clear as soon as possible .
---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

;)

---------------
With Regards,
Mahavir Computers Pvt Ltd

";)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Well,
Seriously...I feel of my mistake,but every mistake is learning ...
I had already told fedex that I am ready to bear that charges and same in letter to customer offcier
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Devesh (veedeedirect) & mahavircomputers_in1,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your leadership and co-operation being provided to the community members such as on this thread and helping our fellow members so spontaneously and it is really heartening to see your passion for eBay in such acts :-).

Bijay (grabdeals_in1) - I hope the help being provided on this thread by our community champions did help you in your issues. 🙂

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Well .. thanks for everyone concern towards this and replies,got many things to learn .

And,...as see ...delivery van of fedex is out for delivery...so...anytime they might knocking my door
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hello Bijay,

Do inform us if you had to pay any penalties for the same.

Normally in such small cases penalities are not levied.

------

Devesh
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
guys,
I am bloody lucky I guess...I got all the 5 mobiles just at 4400rs custom charges 😄 yeeepy !
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi brother please give me solution of this query. I also got this problem in Delhi custom
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

manjna_60
Community Member
Hi Sir my material now in Bangalore air port I need to export to USA but customs officer required declaration stating the technical reason for attaching the two different products as one product with two different sl.nos, for further process, as required by the Customs officers pls help on this
Message 10 of 10
latest reply