ebay has still not dispatched the Diwali Gift

g_ayush
Community Member
My user id is g_ayush.
I hd purchased a Canon camera and then as part of the Diwali gift offer, I had chosen the 1 TB Transcend USB harddisk. This was around the 29th of October (+/- one or two days).
It has been more than one and a half month and the gift has still not been dispatched.
Infact, I received an email on the 21st of November stating that the gift is out of stock. Again, it has been a month from the date I received the email.
I have been purchasing from ebay from quite sometime; it seems that the actual sellers are much better than ebay's internal team.
IS EBAY PLANNING TO DISPATCH THE GIFT?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

spl_ind
Community Member
There is nothing to worry about. Your will receive your free gift soon.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
> There is nothing to worry about. Your will receive
> your free gift soon.
Thank you for your reply. From your profile, you seem to be a seller at ebay. As you must have noticed in my post, I have mentioned that the sellers here are usually good.
If what you said would have come from an "Ebay staff", things would have looked more promising.
Same is the case when you call up the customer care about this; they have no clue about it.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
Today I contacted Ebay customer support over phone once again since I did not get any reply whatsoever from any ebay staff on this forum.
Once again I was told that the 1 TB Transcend Harddisk will be shipped within 1 week. The executive stressed a way too much while saying "You have to wait for 1 week". No kindness there whatsoever. She kept repeating that this is the latest update they have from their marketing team. It really bugged me so I asked for a reference ID for that call which was 1-2228759583. I have already informed the ebay executive that if they dont keep their promise this time, we customers will have no other option but to start posting about this on various consumer complaint forums.
Seriously, this is not something that is expected from ebay, a global company.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I agree with you. Someone from eBay should reply to your posts.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
Its already 6 days from my last interaction with ebay customer care and there is still no information whatsoever regarding the dispatch of Diwali gift. Time to pursue this in consumer court.
This experience with ebay is just sickening. Gonna report this on every consumer complain forum. Have enough information including the Paisapay ID and the call reference nos. given by customer center people over phone.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

naveen_1241
Community Member
There is absolutely nothing to worry as per EBAY. Because by the time they dispatch the gift, the value of the same would be atleast 50% of what it is when they promised the gift. Customers need to wait for what they have done i.e. PURCHASING VIA EBAY
Best of Luck for you anyways
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
I had received a call from ebay around 3rd of January regarding the Diwali gift and i was promised that I will be getting it before 10th Jan. When i asked the executive to confirm again, she was quick enough to say that they will "update" me with the status by 10th Jan.
Today it is 13th Jan and ebay has neither dispatched the gift nor bothered to update me regarding the status.
This is the most pathetic customer service I have ever received from any company.
All that i can say is that ebay should learn ethics and customer service from a small "general store".
Extremely poor and unprofessional service from ebay.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
Today, I called up ebay customer care again (around 10 am). Spoke to Zeenat. Got the same standard dumb answer. "The marketing team will give details in 1 week". Then I asked her to transfer the call to the manager. As usual, the manager was busy. I was told that his name is Antony. I have been promised a callback from Antony by day end and by marketing team in half an hour (so that should be before 11 am). But I am sure neither of the two will call. And even if they call, they will have the same dumb sentence to say "It will be shipped in 1 week" or something like that.
I even took a reference no. for this call. 1-2372911342
Fellow members, I suggest you also take reference nos when calling ebay. This will be very helpful while filing a complaint in consumer court.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

g_ayush
Community Member
As was expected from ebay.in, nobody has called up till now. Zeenat had promised a callback by End of day on 14th. It is already the end of 15th and no callback from ebay whatsoever.
I have already sent a complaint to CNBC Awaaz regarding this.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply