cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay Policies getting too hard to survive .

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
This is just a message to eBay and eBay team that the policies of eBay are getting too hard day by day . its taking down the sales especially on which the people like us depend on . That is international sales. what i observed that TRS on eBay.com is too hard too survive. just one buyer gave low ratings and DSR gets down by which eBay TRS gone just by 10% what it shows in DSR . after that if person gets even 20 positive from us buyers 5 stars feedback's TRS its not back. and after that i think it will not be back any more . same with power seller status the polices are becoming harder. it will also do the same with sellers in India if we will not having power seller status and TRS how we will get the visibility and of course the sales will be down to earth . this is what i have experienced in all my ids . eBay is getting too hard day by day for the sellers of eBay.in especially selling on eBay.com . after 1st April i think it will be more tough if fixed price will be .05 cent for ebay.com sellers and .35/.50 for eBay.in sellers then how will we are going to survive if we don't have the visibility with low listings comparatively with eBay.com sellers.

All i CAN SAY IN LAST THAT EBAY TEAM JUST HAVE A LOOK ON EBAY SALES GRAPH OF ALL SELLERS FROM THE DAY TRS IS BEING LAUNCHED IF I AM WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW.AND U GUYS CAN ONLY DO SOMETHING WE ARE HELPLESS.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@priyajewels...

priyajewels you are talking of hard ebay ebay policies, I think you should also add the word stupid and senseless policies to that.

How can ebay allow a buyer to open a SNAD case for a item that he has not yet received and even the last date for receiving the item has not yet lapsed. And how come item not received case can be filed under SNAD I really don't understand.

DSR game is going to lead to something big and ebay has some motive in the long run, what it is going to be is hard to say right now but surely ebay wants to separate big sellers from small time sellers on ebay, you know someone who can take a hit of 5-10 neg fb or even more and still the DSR remains within limits. Big time sellers only will survive on ebay, large number of small sellers is proving to be a big headache for ebay they rather concentrate on smaller number of big sellers.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
raj electronics can u tell me in which seller u count on your self small time seller or big seller. if u count on big seller then why are u worried for small snad problem. boss we are upcoming sellers . big sellers can mange up and downs of ebay easily but it will be a touble for us to become a good big seller if we didnt get through the policies going on ebay and belive me if u are a seller on ebay.com a tough time is coming upp...............
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@priyajewels...

Where is the question of what I am, In fact I have supported your view that ebay policies are harsh by citing an example of SNAD but sadly you have missed the whole point.

Definition of a Big seller is the one who "does not care to" and "does not need to" post here in these forums.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

nsjewelsindia
Community Member
sorry thank you for yor support
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

basically on ebay buyer is the king as ebay policy support buyer the most
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

The Top Rated Seller concept is an imported concept from USA. The buyers in USA are so much aware about this that when they find a Top Rated Seller, they will try to manipulate the seller as much as they can because they know that the poor seller will do anything to protect his hard earned reputation.

When this story will repeat in India, it will be even more difficult to maintain a good reputation on eBay.

Unfortunately we cannot force eBay to change these policies just as 1000s of sellers in USA are not able to change the policies prevailing there.

The best that we can do is to evaluate the negative feedback a seller receives and try to give justice as far as possible. It is true that a seller on eBay is extremely vulnerable to buyers whims and fancies.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Most of the buyers are unaware about the impact of a DSR and fill it very casually. The sellers selling on international platform are most severely affected due to such actions from the buyers.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Now consider these cases

Case 1:

A buyer bought a sheet of sticker from me on 6th January and paid USD 5.00

On 9th January, the buyer filed a case with PayPal mentioning that their eBay account was hacked and someone bought stickers from it.

PayPal held the payment and asked me to take action. (What action would I take?)

I refunded the amount to the buyer because I didn't want an open case with PayPal because they are insane and can suspend an account for a trivial reason.

On 22nd January the buyer received the item and told me that they received the item but they had to sign in the post office and that I shouldn't have shipped the item like that. I should have shipped with a tracking number.

Now what does this mean?

Case 2:

I sold Henna hair dye to a buyer in USA and she put henna in a microwave before applying to have a 'great effect' as per some (learned) friend's suggestion.

The henna started smelling bad and didn't give any colour and the buyer told me that the item was S****

In spite of all rude remarks and profane words, I issued a full refund. The buyer still left a negative feedback which was then removed by the help of community court.

Case 3:

The item was shipped to USA and it was mentioned that it will take approximately 16 to 18 days to reach there.

The buyer sent an email on 4th day of purchase claiming the item. Their communication were so intensively rude that I have to issue a full refund on 7th day of purchase to save my feedback score and seller status.

There may be thousand other cases with each of you where the buyers are extorting the sellers but we cannot do anything except praying that we don't receive such buyers too often.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Priya_jewels is an exceptional seller and a pride of ebay community. I have seen this seller rise and it is painful to see the state of affairs that are telling upon this seller.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply