cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is Happening? Where is the Business!

Hello,

Biz has gone down drastically in the last few days.

I was wondering if the same is the case with other sellerss as well?

--------

Devesh
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Same here too.. sales are gone down ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
Cheer Up guys ! The new dawn is just around the corner .

January is always bad every year ! It seriously tells on the business and mine is no exception.

My small grey cells says, it probably is called post holidays syndrome !
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
hi
brushing off the low sales to HOLIDAYS
is not valid for india
Our corresponding period of low sales should be after diwali month ๐Ÿ™‚
At least people not selling internationally should not find their sales dipping
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

krishnaindia
Community Member
Or possibly, buyers have emptied there pocket on new year celebrations with booze et al and now saving the rest to buy a novelty for their beau (the Valentine is around the corner ! )

Is anybody selling valentine gifts ? I have at most Rs 300/ budget because I too did party hard and currently broke ๐Ÿ˜‰ . To top it , businss is down what ever be the reason ! Will ebay agree a interim bonus for it seller ? Let me ask , like quite a few do ๐Ÿ˜‰ , what is ebay policy on this ?
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Ha ha ...
The interim bonus idea is a good one
Or issuance of a fresh round of cash vouchers for All ebay buyers
at least some sellers will benefit from the spending
Message 15 of 36
latest reply

Hello,

Biz will be down as everyone has been impacted by the High fees which they are passing on to the customers.

Now its understood that there were buyers as we were able to give products at cheaper prices than normal market as there was a competition between sellers.

However now everyone seems to be selling around the same price bacause of the high fees. Hence Buyers dont have the option to compare and chose the best offer.

Now here only existing old PowerSellers make a difference here as they would be the first choice. Which clearly means that one who wants to join eBay to start selling would nothing but be a fool to join and waste time as he would not be able to do his part of selling untill and unless he has a product that no one has and which is in demand.

So what does eBay has to tell about this..

Regards
Edward Katchira
Message 16 of 36
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member

"brushing off the low sales to HOLIDAYS
is not valid for india"

1: Diwali is not the peak time for online sales. Post Diwalii, Rakshabandhan, Valentines is the peak period. (Can name the source here, but is an industry person)

2: During Diwalii most buyers prefer to see and feel the product before the purchase instead of order online.

3: After diwalii and post diwalii sales, buyers go easy and last week December / jan is always slow.

4. Edward: Increased fees hasn't caused the low sales. It affects the sales of competitive high value products more. A buyer buying at shoppers stop will always buy there, although BigBazaar or other chains might offer better pricing, similarly online shopping has its own base of buyers ...

TechiE
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

It seems there is some technical problem with the site.
The Sales can't dip to such a low.
I have other ID's also ..... and it's the same for all.
Am not even getting any questions from the Buyers ..... since a couple of days.

Can someone from ebay reply to this thread and let us know if it's due to some technical issue ? .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Hello Technivas,

I understand that a buyer if he buys from Shoppers stop pays the amount higher than a buyer who buys a product from Big Bazaar.

Now here we need to understand that kind of people who visit the respective store. They have a mindset and have planned most of the times what they need or which brand they wish to buy. But here with Online Sales. We may have both the kind of buyers who buy from Shoppers Stop as well as from Big Bazaar however the mindset is different.

We cannot deny the fact.

Also I said that higher fees could have been one reason for the downfall in sales. This was my opinion towards it.
My reasoning towards it is that since as we all know that PaisaPay has been a bit complex and due to which payments have been delayed many a times, also the fees of PaisaPay has increased as well.

So Sellers go on to pass the hike to buyers. And as everyone knows that Retail Industry is booming. Prices are going down, also the discount rates are also decreasing in many categories. So the hike in prices do make a huge impact according to me.

Regards
Edward Katchira
OnlineBookstall
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

manishadiamond
Community Member
@ Umang Midha
eBay pinks will only reply when they would get a praise for their post, so don't expect any thing to happen here untill and unless you belive in miracles ๐Ÿ˜‰

The sales are all time low here, Simple may of us have opted to list minimum products as most of the money is stuck with eBay's New Paise Pay system.
Mine is with them since a month (and excuses are pouring in from the Customer support)

I am looking at other better options than eBay, any suggestion welcome
God help all those who are new and old ones are already praying to survive a few more day
Message 20 of 36
latest reply