cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Upcoming Pricing Changes on eBay India!!

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

Based on the various inputs and suggestions that the community has been providing to us we have made significant changes in the Fee Structure of eBay India.

We are pleased to let you know that we have announced the 'Upcoming Pricing changes on eBay India'.

Please provide your valuable comments and suggestions on this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Hello,

ebaY supports multiple business models and you the category team should understand that and appreciate that.

There are some sellers who want to upload unending inventory even if none of it sells. Fine have a max listing fee of Rs.1500/- for them.

But there are a few sellers who a very limited inventory of say 5 or 10 products like me and who do not mind paying any amount to showcase their inventory to the maximum number of buyer.

Restricting sellers to list less than the 10 allowed at present would do irreparable damage to their business. Their listing would simply be lost in the spam which will be created by the Rs.1500/- max listers.

So if I may go out, I can suggest the following. Let the new multiple listing policy be only applicable to those who opt for the Rs.1500/- cap. If seller like me want to have 100 listings of the same product and are willing to pay the requiste fees, they should not be restricted.

The new policy on .com allows a seller to list a product as many times his heart desires or as many times his business needs.

Do not in any case lower the max listing limit from the current 10. Infact I would go so far as to say, follow the .com model and allow to list as many times as possible.

Infact I has suggested that the Rs.1500/- should only be avaiable to sellers how can show a good conversion rate, say of 20%. Like say they can sell 1 listing out of 5. Only than it would make sense for them to have a listing fee rebate.

I can sell one listing out of 5 even after having 10 listings of the same product.

Devesh
Message 61 of 66
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

I have not been a very active contributor to the community. However I do follow the community for quite sometime now.

I appreciate the recent changes that eBay will be enforcing.

For sellers like me who have been dealing in Books, there has been no Good News from eBay's side. No reduction in any categories of fees. Also there is an increase in Shop Fees.

Anyways I understand that for any change that happens in the system, there is a Good Side which we have already seen on many sellers views and opinions ( A Big Smile and as well as their willingness to do more business ) and the flip side is all the complaints that come in. But we cannot complain on that since its the point of view of many.

Anyways I congratulate the team to improve seller benefits and try making it possible for many to grow.

Regards
Edward Katchira
OnlineBookstall
Message 62 of 66
latest reply

bargain_dealz_4u
Community Member
Hi,
this is a good step in increasing the volume of listings on eBay.in.How about reducing the paisapay fees as it really bites your pocket.I once sold a laptop for around Rs.17500 and was charged a whopping 1400 quids as paisapay fees.After that I made it a point not to list on Indian site of eBay.As I pay very less thru PayPal.I think many of my Indian sellers would have faced experiences like mine.
bargain_dealz_4u
Message 63 of 66
latest reply

Hi,
I dont need to do duplicate listing to make it 1500.
But Devesh surely needs to do that.
Loose gemstones will have problem to counter spamming.
No fixed rule can solve this riddle.
Let us see what happens after 9th.
ILF is a perfect decision. We are entering a new era.
I am very hopeful.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 64 of 66
latest reply

khannajewels
Community Member
The price reduction is a great move for seller looking for bulk business! All the best . A Khanna
Message 65 of 66
latest reply

chandnichowkonline
Community Member
๐Ÿ™‚
Hallo every one.
First of all Thanks to ebay doing such a great job. I just want to know whether the minimum FVF of Rs.3 will be applicable or not?

Regards
Message 66 of 66
latest reply