cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unpaid Buyers and Negative Feedback Menace

sachin_thapar
Community Member
Hello Indraneel & Ebay Users

I want to understand Ebay's view on Buyers who dont make payments, simply reply to UPI's and leave negative feedback.

What is the policy around it. Will Ebay be removing these feedback? If Not then what are we supposed to do FILE UPIs or not. Cause buyers are getting smart each day and causing menace.

I received a negative feedback from a buyer with name "binodburnwal". I listed a mobile phone worth Rs 15000 on 1 Rs auction. The buyer won the item @ 8000 on 30th Dec 08. Even though it was a big loss to me, being a genuine seller i honoured the auction and asked to buyer to pay up in case he is interested. To my loss the buyer decided to pay after dilly dallying on various payment methods after i raised a UPI request on the 10th day of the transaction. He issued me a cheque for Rs 8200 including shipping and the cheque bounced due to which ICICI levied cheque bounce charges to me. I got upset and closed the UPI and gave the buyer Unpaid Item Stike.

To my surprise Ebay removed the strike and the buyer left me a negative feedback saying that I was not polite. Now what in the world is that.

I would like to solicit views of fellow sellers and ebay on where did i go wrong and how to get out of this mess.

I am been penalized for no fault of mine.

Thanks,
Sachin
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay is callous about seller protection.Sellers are ebay's bread and butter.The sooner ebay learns,the better.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

tirupati_fashions
Community Member
Ebay policy is different: They Earn BREAD from sellers and Distribute BUTTER to Buyers ..
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

haryana_sale
Community Member
yes you guys are right.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

sachin_thapar
Community Member
Dear Community Members,

My purpose of raising this query is to get a clear picture of what the policy is and not to play a blame game. Every coin has two sides.

My perception of ebay was different before I met them personally. My account manager Zubin is really helpful and has assured me that my case would be reviewed.

I would appreciate comments from others the action I took was wrong or right or how better could have i handled the buyer.

Thanks,
Sachin
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I agree to the roles of a/c managers.Good people.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sachin_thapar,

Thanks for starting this discussion thread. I understand that this is a concern with some buyers abusing the policy.

I've asked the concerned team to look into this and take appropriate actions. I'll keep you updated on the same.

I know this is too less to comment on the core problem being highlighted by you but I cannot reveal much on the work that we are doing behind the scenes to address such issues.

I'd also encourage you to file this case with the community court as well.

Keep Posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 7 of 7
latest reply