cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turbo Lister is EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW !!!!

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi

This is a really serious problem that i have been facing with Turbo Lister !

Although it is very feature-rich, it is nonetheless VERY VERY VERY VERY slow. If you have around 300-400 items or less in your TL inventory, then you will not feel the pinch.

But the real nightmare starts if you have more than 1000 items. I have more than 3800 items in my inventory, so you can well imagine that the nightmare is WORSE than EVIL DEAD !! And i am not exaggerating at all...

1. Cut and paste from one folder to another takes not less than 60 minutes. Firstly, when i cut or copy, it take around 30-35 minutes. Then when i paste to the destination folder, it takes another 30-35 minutes.

2. When i delete a folder or its contents, it again takes around half an hour.

3. When i am selecting my items in a particular folder and clicking on "add to upload", it takes around 40 minutes or so to get added to "Listings Waiting To Upload".

These were just few of the pains i have mentioned. But overall the software is killing slow in almost everything that i want to do.

This was not a problem when we had 300-500 items. But now it is almost impossible to work with TL.

I have an up-to-date version of TL.exe, with a decent computer with 512 MB Ram, Pentium III, Win XP.
Request everyone to give their views and expeience on this please !

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Abhisekh,
Initially I had been using Turbo Lister,But later is starts giving too much problems and moreover its get "Hung" and the entire work get stuck,So I now I dont use Turbo Lister anymore...!
I dont know is the problem with me is general or its happening only with me,I dont have any such problem with any of my Programes.

Thanks,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree krishna Gems.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

electronix_mall
Community Member
Yes it is extremely slow, they need to do something about it. I have a P4 with 512 MB RAM but it sucks
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

unmissable!
Community Member
You are going to find out the hard way my friend. TL will crash & you will loose everything. Unless you backed it up? Over 4000 & it just becomes unworkable.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

rajeshi@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Sellers

I am trying to address some issues on Turbo Lister

1. TL is very slow when using for uploading large number of items (say above 1000 ) - The slowness is be related to the size of inventories; suggest you have multiple User profiles for the same sellerโ€™s account to manage this. There is no limit on the number of profiles a member can create

2. Cut and Paste - As for the whole cut/paste issue, never cut something to paste it elsewhere. It is always safer to copy/paste, and then return to the original to delete it. Something to keep in mind: the main folder on the Item Inventory is the parent folder. Deleting it from this folder will delete all copies in sub-folders. Sellers wishing to manage their folders by moving items around in them should only be using their sub-folders to manage their inventory, since the main folder will contain EVERYTHING for that User Profile.

Hope this is of help to you.

Regards
Rajeshi

Regards,
Rajesh
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Hello All

I completely agree that TL is very very slow. Using it on a P4 โ€“ 3Ghz, 1 GB Ram still it works like a snail. To copy paste 50 items takes 2 to 3 minutes even hangs at times.

Ebay has to do something about it.

Surjeet Kakkar
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
The problems persist.

1. Compacting the database doesnt help much. It still occupies a mammoth amount of space.

2. Rectifying the gallery image issue is not a problem. When we "add to upload", some images get lost. To solve the problem we again go to the item inventory and "add to upload" those items again. Then it works fine. But
this is not a SOLUTION to the problem. Why should the images get lost in the first place ?

3. I have around 500 items in my user thethirdi. When i back up, it shows around 2500 items. As u suggested i removed ALL my backed up files from the default directory and moved it to another partition on my hard drive. After that when i tried to back up, it again showed 2500 items or so. So this has not solved the problem.

Another problem :

I created a different user profile with around 2500 listings and i divided them into 5 folders containing 500 listings each. When i "added to upload" the first lot of 500 listings it worked like magic. It took me just around 5 minutes. It was very fast. Even the uploading was very fast.

But when i got to the second folder of 500 listings, and "adding to upload" took me around 15 minutes. The third lot took me around half an hour, the fourth lot took around one hour, and the fifth took around 2.5 hours.

What i am saying is that each time the number of listings were same ( 500 ) but the more i used it the slower it became.

This is slowwwwwwww !

Regards
Abhishek

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi All

A way to make Turbo Lister Fasssst !
( Credit goes to Mr. Gurpreet Singh of esource_in1 for giving this tip ! )

Go to your Turbo Lister. Go to View -> Activity Log.
Delete all the entries in the Log. And Behold ! Your TL will start to run like a horse on fire !!

TL Stores all activity in the activity log ( god knows why does it do that, but it does !! ) So over a period of time, the log gets bloated with all sorts of entries. That means, the more you use TL, the slower it will get every day.

Deleting your Log entries will make it really fast.

We have also raised the issue that when we are backing up TL , it shows 2-3 times the total entries. If you have 200 items presently in your inventory, your TL will backup maybe 700 items !

Cleaning up your activity log will also solve this problem.

Thank you Gurpreet for this !

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

We have been cleaning our activity log for some time now and is working for us.

However since we have items only 100s, we were not in a position to know what it how it would help sellers with inventories in thousands.

Another way to speed up your TurboLister listing is use TriBand being offered by MTNL (we believe BSNL would be offering a simillar product). The upload is blazing fast and most of all its absolutley free as MTNL Triband charges only for data download and not for upload. So all you sellers with thousands of listings may hay while the sun shines!(MTNL keeps giving free uploads ;))

Time Out errors are also far and few with MTNL Triband.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply