cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time Extension - Non practical / I am moving out of eBay- Sorry

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hello eBay Team / PaisaPay Team,

I hope you are aware that i am slowly moving out of eBay, trying to sell the present stock and planning to close the shop soon. This is sad decision, because with the present rules i cannot work, even i stopped writing in community. I have no option left with the new rules and PaisaPay. Actually i pulled out all my online listing to reduce my sales, everything in shop view (Though sales is good ๐Ÿ™‚ ), since i am not doing active. I am always thankful to all the wonderful people in community and the eBay Team.

Non Practical Time extension request

A Buyer order 4-5 items, and he get discount for shipping cost for the combined shipping, but why am i to request buyer to confirm time extension for each item, since it is a combined shipping ?. This is non-sense and waste of time for a seller and buyer. Can you show us one place per order (Combined or separate) to ask for Time extension ?.

One buyer bought 3 items and he accepted time extension for 2 item, and 1 item he declined. God know why he rejected ?. So what should i do now ?

Another problem is even after get time extension for shipping and delivery, the rule says when i enter shipping details, the delivery time automatically starts, for example i requested 7 day extension for shipping and 8 day extension for delivery, if i ship next day and enter my proof, the delivery time start counting. I need at least 30 day safer time delay in total for safer side delivery. So with the present PaisaPay it is impossible.

Thanks for eBay to mess up the whole community, system, PaisaPay, etc, so that i can close this business and spend more time with my family/friends.

Regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

coolbrasco
Community Member
Hello PaisaPay,

See another fracturing experience is buyer shanudamian81 left feedback and not confirmed the shipping receipt.

Should i go on begging him for my payment ?

This is total non-sense and waste of time for me. If i calculate my time i wasting most of the time documenting shipping details and follow-up time extension, these are non-productive nonsenses and waste of time for smart/excellent/good/power seller.

I feel it is hight time to shut down my eBay login and close the shop. Because i have better things to do in my life.

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello coolbrasco,

I have seen you praising ebay all through since many months ..... but now it seems you are all against the Policies of New PaisaPay.

Even if the Sellers Community objects .... ebay is not going to back track .... atleast in the near future.

You will have to adjust your business accordingly.

Don't sell custom made things if you feel 7 days are not enough. Depending on time extension is not at all practical.

Don't combine shipping if you feel there are practical problems. What's the use of giving an advantage to the Buyer if your business suffers ?

Don't worry if the Buyer leaves a Feedback but doesn't confirms receipt of Item. Your money would be released automatically after 15 days of punching the shipping details.

All other shopping Portals release Seller's money after 15 days ..... so it's nothing new which ebay has started.

Earlier Sellers were doing business on Buyer's money (without having a stock) but now they will have to invest money to do business on ebay.

One of the advantage would be that Fraudsters would be eliminated.

eCommerce competition is building up fast and ebay's masterminds know what's the best for their site.

One thing they must keep in mind is that ..... Buyers and Sellers are both very important part of ebay. You cannot please one at the cost of the other.

Most of you would agree that at the moment ebay is pleasing Buyers at the cost of the Sellers.

One such example is the EMI processing Fee burden being put on to the Sellers. It's the advantage for the Buyer whereby he should bear the processing Fee.
Either it should be borne by Buyers or by ebay.

All other Portals are offering this EMI facility Free of cost without putting the burden on the Buyer or on the Seller. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 12 of 29
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Umang,

I haven't tried EMI Option. But I too think that the transaction fee should be beared by buyers / eBay as you said. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Dear eBayers,

Have you ever seen a website or even an eBay site, where rules and fees are changed every month. I never have, and I hardly believe anyone has either! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

eBay India showed little of its insight and wisdom in framing the new rules for paisapay. Seems like it was determined to do something to gain back the losing-trust, and wanted it to happen fast! No prototypes launched, no insight driven into practicality and randomness, and above all modified its own 'Global' User Agreement to accomodate the new changes!

Can't we infer from all this that ebay India gladly unapproves the Community Values laid by its own self
(http://pages.ebay.in/help/newtoebay/values.html)
It has deemed eBay-India users to be indifferent fraudsters and separated them by far from eBay communities worldwide. I am unable to comprehend as to why Paypal didn't find such a solution so imminent in place of its Resolution Center. Seems like sellers on eBay India did commit some serious damage to buyers to be penalised with such crude experiment. X-(

eBay India, which I deem is an able managerial organisation, surely believes this is going to improve their buyer experience. I rarely hope they do. Since the new rules and policies put in place has not only increased the overhead involved, but will soon prove damaging to their own goals & targets.
Bringing in insertion fees & raising PaisaPay charges was just the backend of that overhead which has increased costs significantly for eBay, in having to put together manpower, technology and (7-day) customer-service in place to handle the immense volume of refund-claims and POD-verifications generated through its own system. To top it all, the new system of Online Transfer was put in place to cut costs involved in Pay-Order issuance and delivery, chanellising the funds to support its heavy backend (Note: Online-transfer service is free for Corporate A/c with major banks).

Obviously eBay expects its business to rise by gaining trust among the competition, but does it really care to hold up the same image it had a few years back- i.e. the cheapest online marketplace! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

To support increasing costs raised by eBay India's latest kindergarten ventures, regular sellers are bound to increase prices and would have a tough luck coping up with the competition. Hence, what eBay (thanks to its able & competent marketing-managers) didn't forget to add were discount-coupons and gift-vouchers for buyers, luring them in! :^O

But it won't be long enough before buyers begin to feel the pain when eBay pulls its sparkling offers off. Rather I find shopping and selling on other eBay sites much comfortable and out of my last 5 purchases, 4 were from eBay.com. As a seller, if you don't depend on it wholly, there's absolutely no reason for you to stick to eBay India. eBay is not only driven by its userbase and their feedbacks but it has to reason every penny-of-profit lost at board-meetings. Hence, it's a decision you have to make solely- stay in, or let them reason your lost business.

That's all friends. More when we meet again at an 'eBay Top User Meet' (interesting results come out of them, really ๐Ÿ˜‰ )!!

Santanu
Message 14 of 29
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Dear Umang,

Thanks for the reply and your time.

I was supportive before, because i don't have to spend much time documenting shipping details and entering same later. It is doubled my work and profit is same. Why should i work more for small profit. As i said before i used to spend 1 hour and now i have to spend 2 hours in eBay. I feel it is non-productive work for a active seller. Also i have to wait for the payment until buyer confirms/ or the time ends. Time is most precious thing in life, you cannot just spend for nothing.

Before i used to give feedback for a buyer immediately after he paid. Now i have to wait until his payment is cleared. I have to look for the buyers who's payment confirmed though he left feedback and payment not confirmed. He will misunderstand that why am i not leaving feedback even after he left for me. So the customer is not going to be happy.

Kind regards,
CoolBrasCo.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply

Dear Coolbrasco,

I totally agree with your views on time extension system. Once the product is despatched, it is beyond the control of seller specially in International sale. After a certain days, PaisaPay will refund money to buyer and after some days buyer will get the product too. Ha! Ha! what a funny system.

As described by Ebay team - the New PaisaPay changes - A Buyers' Delightful experience, it becomes a Nightmare for Genuine Big sellers specially Jewellery.

We ship Jewellery worldwide and in India this can be done only through Speed Post except a few big couriers like Fedex which has offices in Jaipur and Delhi only.
This is our experience, normally it takes 10-15 days to deliver but in 30 to 40% cases, it take 45-50 days. It is true no parcel is lost but delivery is late because most of the time customs take much time to clear.

As per new norms, 21 days is permitted to deliver, after that seller will have to ask for time extension & it is upto the buyer to accept or not. Our concern is, after despatch, it is beyond control of seller to control the movement. If the item is not reached in time, Paisapay will refund the money and if after few days the item reaches buyer, who will compensate for it. I have raised this question several times but very trickily the answer is avoided by Ebay team. Sapana has also suggested to adopt other Payment option than PaisaPay.

The very simple question is -- Ebay may impose time limit for shipping but not on delivery time. Is it in our hand to deliver even if we send by Speed Post.

If no satisfactory solution is provided, we have decided to down most of the high value items keeping only low value items from where we started our Ebay Journey three years back.

Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Ebay Id: Sitare_Jewels
Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Hello,
I am afraid to sell high value items now on ebay as it can be total loss to me because of new paisapay policy.I as a seller find myself very helpless as all protection is only for buyers.

Well few days back I had received an order from a buyer,The buyer had paid and I had sent the item to him and also entered the shipping details.

Today he had given me positive feedback confirming the receipt of the item but he had not confirmed the receipt of the item in Paisapay.

The buyer is not new to ebay but still he is not at all aware about new paisapay policy.I had also messaged him to confirm the receipt in paisapay but still no response from him.He must be thinking I had provided feedback then what is the need of confirming it again in paisapay.Seller's money will be with paisapay for no fault of him/her.

I feel lucky as it was just a small order,but What can happen if it would been a case of high value item?

Also almost 4.5% is too much as paisapay charges as I sell high value items and it will forced seller to either stop selling high value items or increase price of the item.

eBay should always remember that buyers are coming to eBay as they are getting good service from sellers and also price must be reasonable otherwise buyers will have many other option.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

Hi,
PaisaPay sends mail to buyers immediately after sellers enter shipping info.Whereas the item/s reach/es after 2/3 days.
Also PaisaPay sends email for each individual item instead of single confirmation.
If buyer takes 14 items,he gets 14 mails.
Lack of foresight on the part of PaisaPay.
They have improved the be protected banner design after I wrote about that.
But they should understand buyer psychology at the first place.
Had I been a buyer,I would have ignored those mails altogether.In fact,the buyers are doing just that.
Tell me this.What makes you eligible for express remittance?
I have never cheated or misbehaved with any buyer.I pay ebay fees in time.What else do I need to do to please the all powerful PaisaPay?Why they should hold back a poor old man's money as per their sweet will?
They are setting an awfully bad precedence.God please forgive them.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Has anybody as yet had the feared thing happened ?
Shipped the item and yet a refund done by paisapay ?
15 days practice session should have been arranged
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

shree_krishna_gems:
The buyer has a given timeline (15 days after shipment I think) to confirm receipt of the item. He/She can Confirm Receipt or Raise a Refund Claim. But if he/ she does not confirm receipt of the item within the timeline, Ebay PaisaPay will take it as a successful delivery and NO CLAIMS FROM THE BUYER WILL BE ENTERTAINED FOR THAT ITEM AFTERWARDS.

Regards
Shahnawaz
Message 20 of 29
latest reply