cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller is asking for a DOA certificate for a defective mobile phone

pradeepnw
Community Member

I bought a Sony Xperia Sola mobile phone on 12-jun-2012. After unboxing, it turned out that the touchscreen of the phone does not function correctly. I talked with the seller for a replacement or refund. But the seller is asking me to visit a nearest Sony Service center and get a DOA (Defect on Arrival) certificate. I don't have any service store near me. I raise the refund request with ebay on 16-jun-2012 but and also called up several times but they did not even called my once to take up my case. I feel cheated and lost my faith on ebay.

Anybody here, please help me the way out. I feel my 20k rupees is lost. What should I do? Why is ebay not helping me?

Thanks,
~Pradeep Waghmare

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

sagarv
Community Member

This is the case with me as well.. Please help me out in resolving this 😕

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I also had an issue like this.I bought a nike shoe from ebay and arrived as defective.But since it is under manufacturer warranty they rejected my claim.I visited the service center through email.So they said warranty can't be done through them because purchased it from ebay which is not registered under them.Only registered stores can avail their warranty.I informed ebay and the seller several times.But there is no positive response.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I also have a problem similar to it.My nike shoe is claimed through ebay guarantee claim.But they rejected my claim since the ebay policy doesn't cover my issue.So I have contacted the nike centre thorugh mail since I have no nike centre near me.They told me that the ebay and seller is not registered under nike they can't get any warranty claim. So I informed it to the seller and ebay.There is no further response from both of them.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I already raised a claim but they rejected my claim due to manufacturing warranty.So I contacted nike centre.But they told me that the seller and ebay is not registered under them. They can't get me a warranty claim.Also the nike customer policy says that online product get warranty through online seller.So I'm still waiting to get a positive response from them.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply