Supervisor not trustworthy? SR 1-24775268108

Sent 2 emails first,  no replies after 72 hours in both cases. 

So decided to chat.  Waited for 30 mins,  after that spent another 30 mins to wind up. I specifically asked if I would be updated without having to wait in queue again, and was promised to be updated. 

With no updates called customer service. 30 mins waiting later, when agent picks up I specifically ask for supervisor, since I was sure resolution was above her pay grade. But no! Another 30 mins later, she returns with a sorry and finally connects a supervisor. 

There is only one question, why does escalate to Grievance officer page show SR no as invalid?  Supervisor says something about closing issue, and promises to open issue. 

Today I try reaching Grievance officer and guess what!? 

The biggest headache to this situation is that I have to go through the phone again, and will confront another stubborn agent AGAIN, and could get sc*ewed by another supervisor AGAIN! 

Kinda funny! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

So , 30 min later sleepy agent answers (almost 7:23 pm). I explain as time is short need supervisor. No way! So I give SR no. and brief status report.  Still she flatly refuses to connect to supervisor unless I verify identity!  In the middle of that... SHE DISCONNECTS!! 

Hadn't planned for that one! 

This is turning hilarious! 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Premnath was the next agent. He provided me the direct link to the grievance officer... available on the site itself! 

Grievance Officer: 

Name: Saurabh Shankar

Designation: Manager - Marketplace Health

email address: DL-EBAY-IN-GRIEVANCE-OFFICER@ebay.com

Contact telephone number:

[Board]: +91 022 6669 0000 

[Direct]: +91 022 6669 0149

[10:00 AM to 6:30 PM from Monday to Friday except public holidays]

It further cemented my opinion of the supervisor. 

Funny thing is, after the happy interaction with Premnath, got  an email seeking feedback...  something not received after the earlier forgettable interactions!  Someone is seeking a biased report.... 

Even funnier was the feedback question which asked me why the problem was not resolved?! Genius. I mean, who asks a passenger to explain why the train is late?

Another thought provoking question was about suggesting ways to improve. And they give you 1000 letter limit. So, ebay wants a 1000 letter free report on how to improve? From the people? I replied with a question: "Are you hqed in Cuba?". Seemed only appropriate.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply