Shoot the Seller!

Hello,

It has been noticed whenever any buyer contacts ebay either by phone or live chat regarding a problem with product / seller, he is given advice to open a dispute or leave a negative for the seller.

Should we be approaching a more constructive approach, by asking the buyer to contact the seller first?

Most sellers would happily resolve all issues if the buyers bothers to contact.

But asking the buyer to straight away leave a negative or open a dispute is paving the way for discontent.

-------

Devesh
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Shoot the Seller!

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Unfortunate but true
I was shocked when a buyer informed me he was advised to leave
negative and also as a last resort initiate a chargeback
As this is not documented i can not pinpoint the exact things
But i too feel the site owners and their immediate family ... the vendors should work together to handle
towards creating buyer confidence rather than the way things are currently going on .
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

techniwas
Community Member
Sad!

TechiE
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Devesh (veedeedirect),

eBay always encourages its buyer to communicate with its sellers in resolving all disputes before filing an INR / SNAD disputes.

Please refer to this link and check for the text below:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html -

“There may be occasions when you may face transaction problems with your seller. You can try to resolve this issue by communicating directly with your seller. See tips for communicating with your trading partner”

Regards

Indraneel
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

techniwas
Community Member
Hi Indraneel,

Is this the same thing that Live Chat advices to the buyers??

TechiE
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

Indraneel,

Though I appreciate your conviction, I would beg to differ.

What is being practised is very different from what is preached.

Either it has something to do with employee training or mindset of the whole lot of ebay employees, that is what you need to find out.

But lately, I have noticed that things are going from bad to worse, instead of asking buyers to communicate with the sellers all ebay customer support executives are recommending opening of disputes and leaving negatives.

The sceanario is really becoming very bleak.

Another disturbing trend is coming to light. Whenever buyers are calling (New) PaisaPay phone support saying they did not like the product, they are being asked to file for refunds stating item not received.

Can you throw some light on this?

----------

Devesh
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

manishadiamond, just to let you know that you're violating an ebay policy by writing your website's name in your signature.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

cochinmall
Community Member
Most of the customer care executives especially call centres are outsourcing agents, so they are provided wit minimum basic idea of the practices on the websites. The executives are not well aware of the different policies.

Buyers have the option to fill an INR or SAND dispute. But actually there would be tension if SAND dispute is opened. Suppose if the seller sends the correct item and buyer open SAND dispute, how can the seller prove tat he has sent the correct item. Wit the use of new PaisaPay, it would be even more difficult. Guess we would have to take photos of the seller packing the item. 🙂
Any suggestions?

Regards
Rahul
cochinmall
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

pareshwins
Community Member
Buyer ranjoy.s opened a Refund Request with PaisaPay stating product not received.

Now after 3 days he has opened a SNAD dispute.

I wonder which of the above is true?

Buyer not receiving the product? or

Buyer has received the product (not liked it), falsely initiated a refund request and now without closing the dispute by confirming receipt has filled a snad dispute?

I think now buyers need an MBA to understand the ebay processes.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Shoot the Seller!

If this true it is indeed extremely disturbing and it goes to show the apathy of eBay towards it's sellers.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply